Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Personality of Hessians

Re: Personality of Hessians
April 03, 2008, 12:03:17 AM
INTJ, although a lot of it was Moderately Expressed, and I think that is good.

April 03, 2008, 01:28:16 AM
im INTP.

will i be burned at the stake?

April 03, 2008, 01:39:40 AM
I'm an INFP - an Idealist.

It seems Shakespeare, Homer, Virgil, Aldous Huxley, and Helen Keller (lol) share my personality characteristics, according to Wikipedia.

April 03, 2008, 01:52:22 AM
INTJ  ;)
Quite an interesting trend going on here.

April 03, 2008, 02:04:05 AM
INTJ. Interesting.

April 03, 2008, 05:06:31 AM

INFP

I did however feel like I wanted to answer both replies a lot of the time.  Mostly about questions about "mercy and justice" and things like that.  I found it difficult to answer them.  My guess is that most of you picked the answer you wish applied to you, which is what I almost did, but decided not to.  

April 03, 2008, 08:12:25 AM
Ok, the last two letters seem to vary, but the "IN" (Introverted - Intuitive) pattern is interesting.

April 03, 2008, 08:27:31 AM

I did however feel like I wanted to answer both replies a lot of the time.  Mostly about questions about "mercy and justice" and things like that.  I found it difficult to answer them.  My guess is that most of you picked the answer you wish applied to you, which is what I almost did, but decided not to.  

that's the problem i've always had with these tests, it's all about how you preceive the question - and mostly it's structure is too narrow to capture a clear sense of the person. it feels innacurate however you answer it. surely they accomodated for that bias when designing the test, but it still won't make it any more valuable to me.

INFP

April 03, 2008, 08:39:45 AM
INTJ also...though I would hardly call myself an introvert - just very selective! ;)

April 03, 2008, 09:11:06 AM
 INTP

56      25      88      11

April 03, 2008, 11:29:35 AM
Who cares.

chb

April 03, 2008, 12:26:17 PM
I was an INTp the last time I took one of these tests. I don't think that's a good description of my personality (or anyone else's), however. Most people tend to exhibit a wide range of personality traits that are often at odds with each other (unless they're dull and boring and therefore don't matter). As someone else already pointed out, I would have liked to choose both options in these tests.

These tests also seem to be kind of biased: As Onan pointed out, everyone likes to believe he's some ingenious philosopher with an IQ of 143.

Hermann Hesse nailed it on the head when he described a personality as a game that is played with different figures in his novel "Steppenwolf". Instead of narrowing oneself down to four letters, one should learn to play with the different parts of your personality and discover new aspects of yourself.

April 03, 2008, 03:12:44 PM
I don't accept it as dogma because it says that artists are SPs and I'm an artist of NT temperament. But I have been in touch with my shadow aspects (ESFP).
Herman Hesse has a point. Like I said earlier, I'm in touch with the other aspects of myself thus making me a better musician with a liking for the novel and the intellect. Being down to earth but getting your head in the clouds, learning to think logically but letting your emotions flow through, learning to interact with others but also understanding what it is to be by yourself and doing things ALONE, and learning to take action but keeping options open; that's what Jung is about: holistic self-actualization. I've known this all along about Hessianism but I enjoyed doing this process. It is rather interesting how we seem to all be about the same type.
In response to Onan: Yes, these tests do seem a bit plastic but it seems to have a bit of accuracy. I've taken the Keirsey temperament sorter test (from keirsey's actual book) and I got XNTJ, but the rules follow that if you have an X then you find the personality type that best fits, and INTJ best fits.
If anyone has any apprehension for the test, they are free to go to an actual $60 M.B.T.I. workshop where they learn in-depth about one's personality. But then again these tests are always going to be geared towards the rampant individualism that seems to shadow society today.
I know the answer (after all, an INTJ always knows lol) but somehow I feel the need for substantial proof. Is it wrong to look for this?
I think that these tests are only 70% accurate, if I'm not mistaken. But also these tests don't tell you your intelligent. They simply tell you how you behave. I seem to behave like a scientist. But does it also hurt to know that you are similiar to great people? On the contrary; it boosts self-confidence, something we lack in modern times.   

April 03, 2008, 04:01:40 PM
im INTP.

will i be burned at the stake?

Yes, it seems Socrates was INTP so some sort of execution will happen to you lol.

April 03, 2008, 06:23:01 PM
oh shucks.

looks like i dont fit in with the mold guys. fetch the rope!