Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Megadeth

Megadeth
June 25, 2005, 11:00:12 AM
DM: My son (Justis) plays guitar in the band at the school he goes to. He goes to a Christian Academy and he plays in the worship band there. Which, go figure, Dave Mustaine's kid's playing worship songs! Which I'm very thrilled about, because when he was born, all I wanted was him to be able to know God's word, and be a black belt in the martial arts style that I've been training in, so he could take care of himself and if he's meant to die that he would go to Heaven.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=home/s=articles/content/doc_id=98736

He also offered less cretinous advice:

"Whatever it is that you learn how to play, learn how to play it slowly first because then your motor skills will grasp it. "

Re: Megadeth
June 29, 2005, 03:49:12 PM
Would someone PLEASE kill this guy???
>:(

June 30, 2005, 01:21:50 AM
I was personaly banned from the megadeth forums by Dave Mustaine himself because I said I was against Christianity.  He's a fucking moron.

June 30, 2005, 10:56:27 PM
when did he convert?

i listened to my first megadeth song only this week.

July 01, 2005, 12:26:45 AM

So you took the reverse-chronological approach to metal? That's a fairly unorthodox approach. I'd reckon speed metal would then seem anticlimactic compared to death or black metal, though at least this way you'll have a better chance of avoiding all but the best of the genre.

euronymous

July 01, 2005, 06:58:11 AM
when did he convert?

Their 2 best works contain both the word "peace", being better the most recent of these 2. I had to get used to mustaine's voice before enjoying these albums; only get used to, never liked. It's harder to get used to the idea that most ppl has stupid ideas.

July 01, 2005, 11:45:51 AM
Go to forums.megadeth.com and troll.  Megadeth has the dumbest fanbase imaginable.

July 01, 2005, 02:09:56 PM

Their 2 best works contain both the word "peace", being better the most recent of these 2.

You can't actually mean that "Rust in Pieces" is better than "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying"...

July 02, 2005, 04:40:17 AM

So you took the reverse-chronological approach to metal? That's a fairly unorthodox approach. I'd reckon speed metal would then seem anticlimactic compared to death or black metal, though at least this way you'll have a better chance of avoiding all but the best of the genre.

I didn't growing up to metallica and priest etc. no. I hated metal music my whole life until my misanthropic quest for extremity lead me to black metal. thankfully that quest is over. now i tend to shy away from the extreme type music mostly. as a result i've never been interested in metal as a social fabric of morons and thus never been much interested in the mediocre bands. it's only habit that leads one to consistently search for newer music of the same genre. there's by far enough quality metal to stop searching.

I'm still interested in chronology though, which led me to my often backward journey. It's much more common in older art forms.

July 02, 2005, 04:43:57 AM
and speed metal is a lotta fun and energy even after black and death metal.

speed is better communicated by the racing beats of nuclear assault, sepultura, slayer and massacra than the death/black i like, which whilst often subdividing beats to a far greater extent, tends to normalise the pace and use it only aesthetically.

After bands like deicide, audiences are systematically desensitised to pace, yet the energy of the racers i mentioned remains.

euronymous

July 02, 2005, 05:10:31 AM
You can't actually mean that "Rust in Pieces" is better than "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying"...

Oh yeah, I can and I do   ;D

There are enough differences between the two albums to understand your or anyone's personal prefferences, but I truly think Rust... is a better work and more enduring. And the most important thing, I like it more.

July 03, 2005, 02:00:31 AM

Oh yeah, I can and I do   ;D

There are enough differences between the two albums to understand your or anyone's personal prefferences, but I truly think Rust... is a better work and more enduring. And the most important thing, I like it more.

thats rediculous, peace sells had dignity where as rust in peace saw the band degenerating into stadium rock heavy metal

euronymous

July 03, 2005, 06:03:49 AM

thats rediculous, peace sells had dignity where as rust in peace saw the band degenerating into stadium rock heavy metal

While it's me who thinks your opinion is 'rediculous', besides pretty subjective and lacking of 'dignity'. ;D

Any real reason?

July 06, 2005, 07:59:02 PM
I like Rust in Peace more the Peace Sells as well.

:D

July 07, 2005, 06:30:42 AM
For some reason I can't stand R.I.P. , the only song from this album that I like is Hangar 18.