Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Is this band unretarded?

Re: Is this band unretarded?
May 30, 2008, 09:53:20 PM
I can speak only for Wolves in the Throne Room, Summoning, and Necrophagist.

I  enjoyed Two Hunters by WITTR, and would agree wholeheartedly with the previous post on this album by Clef_Burton.

Summoning is exceptional as far as I'm concerned. I have yet to come across anything by them that wasn't good. Each album seems to me to have a slightly different feel, although they share many of the same compositional aspects and the LOTR theme. I would recommend Lugburz and Dol Guldur. Particularly Dol Guldur, the majestic structure of the album was especially intense, and deeply inspiring.

As far as Necrophagist is concerned, they get boring insanely fast, and have absolutely nothing to offer unless you like uninspired shredding. Onset of Putrefaction is by far their best work, but less than 30 seconds of the album felt like it was written with any sort of emotion or feeling at all. While I understand that this is sometimes a deliberate goal of death metal bands, it is boring all the same.

May 31, 2008, 11:04:39 AM
if you even try to get into drone doom, dont bother with Sunn O))).

very little in that genre is worth it anyway.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

June 02, 2008, 04:29:58 AM
They sound annoying to say the least. I guess I'm supposed to be stoned while listening. Bah! anything sounds good while being stoned ....
Da stopper rittet
Som varte i en livstid
For herren går (inn i slottet fra drømmen)

June 02, 2008, 05:06:53 PM
If you want to check out Sunn O)))), the album to pick up would be Black One.

Deadite, there are a couple of bands in the Drone Doom genre that are really good. Teeth Of Lions Rule the Divine and Nadja are two Off the the top of my Head that really stood out to me.

But back to Sunn O)))). I checked them out because I like Stephen O' Malley's  old band Burning Witch. Sunn O)))) aren't the best in the Drone Doom genre, but some of their material are worthy listens.

June 03, 2008, 01:27:24 AM
i said very little of drone is worth it, i didnt say it was a genre bereft of good bands.

i like Asva, and Burning Witch (both Stephen O'Malley projects). Earth is also pretty good, as well as some of Boris' material.

on the topic of Stephen O'Malley projects, Thorr's Hammer (no not the N-S-B-M band) is very good death/doom. slow, pondering, very heavy, full of despair, with an excellent singer.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

June 03, 2008, 01:03:38 PM
Deadite,

Thorr's Hammer are freaking amazing.....you hit the nail on top of the head.

Thats all.

June 03, 2008, 09:53:26 PM
Barastir?
Angantyr?
Black Vomit?
Cacodemon?
Caedes?
Conjuration?
Crux Dissimulata?
Detonation?
Dissenter (POL)
Eradication (FR)
Haive?
Impure (DE)
Menhir?
Nex (SWE)
Nominon (SWE)
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

June 04, 2008, 03:48:34 AM
i love the word filtering for N.S.B.M., by the way. lol.

Narrow Squirting Bowel Movement
No.

June 05, 2008, 07:47:01 PM
Barastir?
Angantyr?
Black Vomit?
Cacodemon?
Caedes?
Conjuration?
Crux Dissimulata?
Detonation?
Dissenter (POL)
Eradication (FR)
Haive?
Impure (DE)
Menhir?
Nex (SWE)
Nominon (SWE)

Judging by the album that is rated the highest on MA (har har), Angantyr is bad. Utterly predictable boring bedroom black metal, waste of time. No idea about the rest.