Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Bands worth hearing thread

Re: Bands worth hearing thread
January 07, 2010, 03:52:54 AM
Martyrdod?

lmk

January 07, 2010, 05:05:39 AM
Marytrdod?

lmk

From what I've heard, this is a hybrid of crust punk with some speed metal stylings, and a bit of black metal. Sort of like Iskra from Canada. What I did hear was very forceful and hard-hitting, but I'm unsure of the longevity of their material.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

January 09, 2010, 11:57:56 PM
Can anyone tell me whether the band Rottrevore are worth listening to?

January 10, 2010, 06:32:27 PM
Can anyone tell me whether the band Rottrevore are worth listening to?

Not particularly.  They are pretty standard early 90's death metal, without a hint of anything beyond that.  They especially don't warrant the ludicrous sums people pay for their album.
"Love thy neighbour" is a fucking joke, for few are worthy of my love.

January 14, 2010, 08:31:42 PM
Is Taake any good? Also, im only familiar with Immortal's first 2 albums, and have been intrested in checking out others, worth my time?

I think Immortal is a fucking joke and none of their albums should be taken seriously.

Few would agree with that I think.  Everything up to and including "Blizzard Beasts" was quite innovative in the realm of black metal.  Since then, the quality has steadily declined.

unsung heroes?
January 21, 2010, 03:40:50 AM
Has anyone heard any output from the band Miasma? They seem to have been around at a relatively early stage of death metal.

Likewise with Ripping Corpse. Whats the concensus regarding "dreaming with the dead" around these parts?
I just got this record and i cant figure out whether i like it yet or not. Many of the songs seem to blend into one another,very little is memorable IMHO, beyond some groovy riffs which are generally the worst ones on the record. However i keep coming back to it,hoping it is not as generic as it seems.

More listens await.....

"  Jesus Christ Submitted To The Roman Emperor At His Birth And At His Death: Jesus Christ Never Submitted to Man-Made Modern Democracy! "

January 21, 2010, 04:21:29 AM
With my latest batch of promos, I have received an album by the Italian band Sokrovenno, entitled "De Rerum Natura". Upon first listen, it started out quite promising, with the first two tracks. Then, it degenerated into what sounds like Ildjarn covered by like Anathema or some other heavy/gothic band. Wasted potential, FTL.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

Re: unsung heroes?
January 21, 2010, 04:35:19 AM
Some Miasma song start out with an awesome premiss but then just disintergrate into boringness and disorganization. I like the concept, hellish, somtimes epic grinding death metal. Something dosent carry through in the songs though. too bad. They do have an immense amount of energy and well channeled chaos however.

January 21, 2010, 11:34:26 PM
Are Disincarnate and cancer remotely worth listening to?

Has anyone heard any output from the band Miasma? They seem to have been around at a relatively early stage of death metal.

Likewise with Ripping Corpse. Whats the concensus regarding "dreaming with the dead" around these parts?
I just got this record and i cant figure out whether i like it yet or not. Many of the songs seem to blend into one another,very little is memorable IMHO, beyond some groovy riffs which are generally the worst ones on the record. However i keep coming back to it,hoping it is not as generic as it seems.

More listens await.....

Nah, I didn't find anything remotely good about Ripping Corpse's Dreaming With the Dead. I listened once, no real impressions. I listened to it again, and it started revealing its lameness. It's not Verse-Chorus styled but it's insipid and weak. Revenant's Prophecies of a Dying World kicks ass and I feel its what Ripping Corpse + livelier songwriting would equal.
"The traveler with empty pockets will sing in the thief 's face." - Juvenal

"When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside as fate." - Carl Jung

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." - Sigmund Freud

January 23, 2010, 12:52:01 AM

As far as I know, from hearing Disincarnate's only album and early Cancer, more familiar with Death Shall Rise I have found them tolerable and I find myself giving a listen from time to time. Have not gotten stale on me and I find both fairly memorable actually. Disincarnate being more technical/progressive death metal and if you like James Murphy's work, it would be really worth checking out. Cancer's Death Shall Rise is for the most part I would say is legit classic old school death metal, despite the somewhat standard vocals.

"Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail." - Ralph Waldo Emerson
http://last.fm/user/ckyheather7

January 23, 2010, 06:29:18 AM
I think Immortal is a fucking joke and none of their albums should be taken seriously.

If you're not trolling, then you're out of your mind.

January 23, 2010, 09:15:06 PM

As far as I know, from hearing Disincarnate's only album and early Cancer, more familiar with Death Shall Rise I have found them tolerable and I find myself giving a listen from time to time. Have not gotten stale on me and I find both fairly memorable actually. Disincarnate being more technical/progressive death metal and if you like James Murphy's work, it would be worth checking out. Cancer's Death Shall Rise is for the most part I would say is legit classic old school death metal, despite the somewhat standard vocals.

I would essentially agree with these descriptions, except I would give a much more enthusiastic recommendation for Disincarnate; easily James Murphy's most significant contribution to death metal, equalled only by his collaboration with Obituary.

January 23, 2010, 10:34:28 PM

As far as I know, from hearing Disincarnate's only album and early Cancer, more familiar with Death Shall Rise I have found them tolerable and I find myself giving a listen from time to time. Have not gotten stale on me and I find both fairly memorable actually. Disincarnate being more technical/progressive death metal and if you like James Murphy's work, it would be worth checking out. Cancer's Death Shall Rise is for the most part I would say is legit classic old school death metal, despite the somewhat standard vocals.

I would essentially agree with these descriptions, except I would give a much more enthusiastic recommendation for Disincarnate; easily James Murphy's most significant contribution to death metal, equalled only by his collaboration with Obituary.

Saving "Death Shall Rise" for later, I just finished listening to Cancer's debut, "To The Gory End". Pretty standard death metal if you ask me. Some of it is catchy, maybe further listening will bring out more of its value. I've only heard one track off of "Death Shall Rise" so far, being "Tasteless Incest" and it was much better than anything I heard on their debut.

Thanks for the Disincarnate rec. I'll download the album now.

"When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside as fate." - Carl Jung

January 24, 2010, 03:51:59 PM
Also:

Grave - "You'll Never See" and "Into the Grave".

January 24, 2010, 06:03:59 PM
Also:

Grave - "You'll Never See" and "Into the Grave".

Do you want to know if they're worth hearing? Or are you just recommending them?
No.