Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Bands worth hearing thread

Re: Bands worth hearing thread
February 18, 2010, 04:41:56 PM
How is Nocturnal March by Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult? Or any of their other albums too...

February 18, 2010, 06:24:24 PM
How is Nocturnal March by Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult? Or any of their other albums too...

Excellent.

February 18, 2010, 06:25:02 PM
Kythrone

February 18, 2010, 11:29:42 PM

Excellent.

Why?  Provide potential listeners a little more than one word so they have a better idea of why they should bother with this album.
In the olden days one could just smash an impudent peasant in the face with a walking-cane, but now you'll get arrested for assault if you do that.

February 19, 2010, 01:28:29 AM
What are opinions on Brutality's "Screams of Anguish"?
"The traveler with empty pockets will sing in the thief 's face." - Juvenal

"When an inner situation is not made conscious, it appears outside as fate." - Carl Jung

"Time spent with cats is never wasted." - Sigmund Freud

February 19, 2010, 03:56:41 AM
What are opinions on Brutality's "Screams of Anguish"?

I know you're young, but...you keep asking about classics or borderline classics.  Obviously you are hearing of them somewhere if it isn't here (otherwise I assume you wouldn't be asking again), and have the good sense to understand them for what they are.

I suggest you have a bit of fun and go listen to the damned things.  It is far more interesting to discover and familiarize yourself with them thusly than to get some "official" pre-cooked opinion from this board beforehand.

February 19, 2010, 07:39:27 AM
Seconded... most of these that you're asking about are bread and butter stuff that I lived and loved when first getting into Death Metal.

February 19, 2010, 08:29:19 PM

Excellent.

Why?  Provide potential listeners a little more than one word so they have a better idea of why they should bother with this album.

The artwork is excellent. The sound is excellent.
Take the journey :)

February 20, 2010, 06:37:43 AM
How is Nocturnal March by Darkened Nocturn Slaughtercult?

I own it but, quite frankly, never have the slightest interest in listening to it.  They are yet another example of a band that seems to have all the right pieces in all the right places, they even seem to have a genuine love of the genre, but have missed the point by getting too caught up in the trappings of black metal.  Therefore, a band that can easily be ignored.
"Love thy neighbour" is a fucking joke, for few are worthy of my love.

February 21, 2010, 12:21:17 AM
Marytrdod?

lmk

From what I've heard, this is a hybrid of crust punk with some speed metal stylings, and a bit of black metal. Sort of like Iskra from Canada. What I did hear was very forceful and hard-hitting, but I'm unsure of the longevity of their material.

I'd like to address this band again. I recently acquired two of their albums, "Sekt" and "In Extremis". Both have seen heavy rotation in my listening habits, the first being much more black metal influenced, and the second being more battering. I would gladly recommend this band to anyone with an interest in Doom (UK), current Extreme Noise Terror, or perhaps second tier Swedeath from the early 1990s. Very solid material on both albums, one of the few punk associated bands I've heard which consistently develops an atmosphere. Definitely A class material, when it comes to modern punk bands.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

February 23, 2010, 09:16:18 PM
Is Peste Noire worth listening to? People have recommended them to me a couple of times but Ive never gone through with listening to them.

February 23, 2010, 09:20:59 PM
Worth listening to, certainly.  A healthy dose of French insanity.

February 24, 2010, 05:12:07 PM
Is Peste Noire worth listening to? People have recommended them to me a couple of times but Ive never gone through with listening to them.

Yup. Don't bother with the newest album, its unmitigated garbage. The debut is the album I've found most worthwhile.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

March 01, 2010, 08:12:54 AM
Is Dawns Slaughtersun worth hearing?

March 01, 2010, 10:27:33 AM
Is Dawns Slaughtersun worth hearing?

I still listen to it for nostalgic reasons, but it is not in any way something that one needs to hear.  It is essentially Gothenburg death metal stripped of any spirit, leaving only the empty and generic shell.
"Love thy neighbour" is a fucking joke, for few are worthy of my love.