Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Bands worth hearing thread

Re: Bands worth hearing thread
March 17, 2010, 01:01:00 AM

ABSU?

Seriously?
[/quote]

DLA reviews it and everyone else's opinions are silenced??

MLK

March 17, 2010, 01:12:10 AM

ABSU?

Seriously?

[/quote]
I think you're maybe missing the point. You get the DLA opinion on that page, but you also get a fair description of whats going and audio samples. its pretty much up to you from there.

March 17, 2010, 02:36:20 AM
Parasite, basically what he means is that you should search and read more on DLA- it's full of many bands, many of which have long been mentioned already. Usually if the band is nowhere on the site, then there might be a logical reason to ask.

March 17, 2010, 02:45:37 AM
What about?

Aäkon Këëtrëh
Akitsa
Bilskirnir - In Flames Of Purification
Mutiilation
Peste Noire

These don't suck.  AK and Muetiilation's best material is the LLN stuff (before Meyhn'ach and AK were kicked out in '96).  Muetiilation goes downhill after Willy comes back from rehab, circa 2000.

Akitsa are interesting, occasionally, though nothing to write home about.  Same with Bilskirnir.  Peste Noire manage to pull off that "fucking retarded" thing, like Immortal (and most LLN).

I would've added Falls of Rauros and Sargeist to this list, but everything I like about them is stuff that I like more about other bands.

March 17, 2010, 02:54:40 AM
Even so, Parasite. Look back through this thread (itll take you maybe 10 minutes) to get opinions on bands you might be interested in. It makes it much less frustrating when people look back and see rather than post the same band 3 pages in a row.

March 17, 2010, 03:04:31 AM
I clicked through the pages on this thread, i didnt see anything regarding Absu.  I am simply interested in the opinions of others on Absu's music.

Anyways.

The Royal Arch Blaspheme IMO is worth hearing, if your a fan of Profanatica. The two are very similar but Kriegs vocalist is giving Ledney a run for his money.

March 17, 2010, 04:48:49 AM

As others have pointed out above, some bands have already been thoroughly discussed in the ANUS/DLA community, so a little research will unearth what you are looking for before you even need to ask.  It's also a safe bet that when the discography in Audiofile is rather complete, the band is well regarded and worth investigating.  Or, if there is something that warrants a much deeper discussion than it has undergone thus far, consider making a new discussion thread.

March 17, 2010, 06:54:36 AM
There's also a very metal invention called the Death Metal and Black Metal Search Engine on both Deathmetal.org and DLA front pages, maybe also somewhere else.

You'll find the discussion/analysis from BNR, LARM, this forum etc. besides the aforementioned sites.

March 17, 2010, 04:26:51 PM

I hope not, but you've stumbled into a trap here. People criticize this forum for being a circlejerk, so many here are reluctant to repeat the same opinions in different form.

ABSU is fucking important, I'll say. The EP and first album are still their best in my view. The EP fits in well with the heavy metal/black metal like Dissection.

March 17, 2010, 05:01:33 PM

I hope not, but you've stumbled into a trap here. People criticize this forum for being a circlejerk, so many here are reluctant to repeat the same opinions in different form.

ABSU is fucking important, I'll say. The EP and first album are still their best in my view. The EP fits in well with the heavy metal/black metal like Dissection.
I'm partial to their sophomore record because I feel it to be the most conceptually consistent. The debut just seems to lack that records "epic" quality.

March 17, 2010, 09:03:17 PM
Here is a band I have been listening to lately. I highly doubt many people here will like it very much.

Yacopsae
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LknPqcTfuak&feature=related
Off the album "Tanz, Grozny, Tanz".

This is very intense grindcore, from Germany. Keeps things short and doesn't try any hipster-ish experimentation. Primal, violent, energetic, and highly satisfying. Don't bother clicking the link if you don't like grindcore.

March 18, 2010, 12:26:26 AM
I highly doubt many people here will like it very much.

I dunno man, if you ask me, German grindcore is the best grindcore. Blood, Nyctophobic, Depression, Dead, and now this darkly melodic gem of savagery. If you could post the whole album in Audiophile, I'd appreciate it.

I just recently picked up the debut full-length from Vasaeleth, another band from Texas making innovations in the style Incantation established. Metal-Archives lists this band as being from Texas AND Georgia, so maybe they're really Demoncy in disguise and this album is the real follow-up to Joined in Darkness and that crappy Empire of the Fallen Angel bullshit was just a joke. The music itself is definitely good enough to make me wonder...

March 18, 2010, 02:39:15 AM

I had given ABSU a quick listen to before i made my first post, but i think I wasnt in the mood.   I had listened through a few albums(different bands) prior, and i think i just wasnt listening when ABSU finally came in the rotation. Sometimes simple straight forward words like " They are fucking Important" are what i want to hear. I dont have all day to read through album reviews.  I hear about a band through a sample or a review and if it sounds like what im into I'll download it and give it a try.  Im surprised it took several posts for people to quit being wise asses and just give an opinion.

March 18, 2010, 02:46:23 AM
Im surprised it took several posts for people to quit being wise asses and just give an opinion.

Let's just say this is an area this forum could improve, but constant negative critique of it has made people touchy.

Absu tl;dr -- the first album is essential; the EP is their musical peak; the middle albums are B+. Avoid the most recent, which is fecal. :)

March 18, 2010, 02:49:02 AM
Im surprised it took several posts for people to quit being wise asses and just give an opinion.

Let's just say this is an area this forum could improve, but constant negative critique of it has made people touchy.

Absu tl;dr -- the first album is essential; the EP is their musical peak; the middle albums are B+. Avoid the most recent, which is fecal. :)

Ya i downloaded the first two albums, i like the first one, still havent thoroughly listened to the second, but im enjoying their stuff so far.

Nobody has listened to R.A.B yet??