Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Bands worth hearing thread

Re: Bands worth hearing thread
December 08, 2010, 02:08:46 AM
Ah i didnt think you actually appreciated the album, your previous post just seemed to undermine Conqueror and just call it plain foolish.  It is definenlty a powerful album, and it comes to me as the most extreme at the moment.  Revenge of course is in the same vein and a great continuation of Conqueror.

He who fears the dark, shall never see the light
http://www.last.fm/user/Beastofsodom

December 13, 2010, 09:36:22 AM
Appalling Spawn - Freedom, Hope and Fury
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris

They're essentially the same band but the albums are pretty different

January 15, 2011, 04:37:26 PM
Any thoughts on Pitch Shifter - Industrial?

I know the band went on to become pederasts, but I've heard several comparisons between this album and early Godflesh, namely Streetcleaner.

January 15, 2011, 05:18:16 PM
Lykathea Aflame - Elvenefris
Haven't heard the other one you mentioned, but this one's a mess. Very pretty, sure. It would make great background music for feeding African orphans or making love to your fat girlfriend with lit candles in a $100k suburban home. But it's completely disorganized, and all the pretty parts are just sprinkled in randomly.
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2

January 15, 2011, 08:48:47 PM
last albums from Avenger, Destroying Divinity, Heaving Earth, Brutally Deceased, Psychotic Despair are something that I would recommend from .cz instead of Lykathea Aflame...

Lavadome productions/distribution:
www.lavadome.org
Join us on Facebook

January 16, 2011, 01:20:51 PM
Any thoughts on Pitch Shifter - Industrial?

I know the band went on to become pederasts, but I've heard several comparisons between this album and early Godflesh, namely Streetcleaner.

Stylistic comparisons are apt, but Industrial is a much more straightforward view. I would compare it to NIN if NIN was a grindcore band instead of a groovy, hooky, jazzy pop-indust band. Submit is the best from Pitchshifter, and it's still very basic but very deliciously angry.

January 21, 2011, 11:45:47 AM
Some random recommendations I will share in no particular order as repayment for my "sins" in the "other" thread tonight:

Fanisk, Zhurong, Enemite, Liers in Wait & Ras Algethi.

Mentioning all of these for either unique aesthetic or structural explorations of the Metal genre.

I am in the process of exploring the 90s Doom Metal genre which is very over-looked in these parts, I will report back when I've had the chance to absorb some of the artists in more depth!

January 21, 2011, 01:21:44 PM
Fanisk is shit. Can't tell you much about the others; though I've heard good things about Ras Algethi.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

January 21, 2011, 11:26:02 PM
Fanisk is shit. Can't tell you much about the others; though I've heard good things about Ras Algethi.
WTF! Don't "hear about" Ras Algethi for one second longer. HEAR it. As in, make it the very next album you look into...
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2

January 22, 2011, 12:28:33 AM
Some random recommendations I will share in no particular order as repayment for my "sins" in the "other" thread tonight:

Fanisk, Zhurong, Enemite, Liers in Wait & Ras Algethi.

Mentioning all of these for either unique aesthetic or structural explorations of the Metal genre.
The best way to recommend a band is to upload them to the audiofile.

January 22, 2011, 09:33:36 AM
Pretty sure all of those barring Zhurong are uploading. Thanks for the heads up.

January 22, 2011, 10:18:20 PM
I will wholeheartedly support the...support of Ras Algethi - monumentally atmospheric doom. And I dislike doom.

January 25, 2011, 05:11:28 AM
Allrighty, so any suggestions for a Ras Algethi work to start out on?

Also, seeking opinions on some bands:

Lutemkrat
Gonkulator
Miasmal
The Accused
Denial Fiend
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

January 25, 2011, 07:39:39 AM
Ras Algethi only have a full length and a demo. I've never heard the demo though.

His Majesty at the Swamp / Black Arts Lead to Everlasting Sins / Diabolical Fullmoon Mysticism / Oath of Black Blood / Privilege of Evil / Dawn of Possession / In Battle There is No Law / Thousand Swords / To Mega Therion