Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

80'S Polish death metal

80'S Polish death metal
June 06, 2008, 02:07:53 AM
Here's my verdict (or to be more humble about it: opinion).

Scarecrow is a decent band although they sometimes tend to relapse into mediocrity with their somewhat Sarcofago influenced style of death metal. The great surprise though is Nuctumeron with their vocalist sounding at times like "Gods of War" era Blasphemy. Separator also was great and showed great promise, to think only their countrymen, Vader got a high profile recording contract is truly unconscionable. Where do you think these guys are now? Selling insurance or spending time as middle-aged telemarketers with bloated beer bellies?
The rest of the other bands though I never found of much interest, probably because they all sound the same or dated.
self-improvement is for the weak.

chrstphrbnntt

Re: 80'S Polish death metal
June 06, 2008, 04:41:51 PM
There's some great 90s Polish death metal, too, most notably Damnation. Heavy Destruction influences, great songwriting. Rebel Souls and Reborn are both well-worth checking out.

Re: 80'S Polish death metal
June 06, 2008, 08:14:54 PM
It should be noted that this is referring to the compilation of 1980s Polish death metal demos posted to Audiofile.

I haven't listened to these, but I'm guessing most sound like under-melodic/under-skilled speed metal with growling vocals.  That kind of stuff was a worldwide phenomenon, the equivalent of CD-R black metal as we know it -- no surprise that Poland would probably be producing a lot of it for various reasons.