Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Metal distros worth patronizing

Metal distros worth patronizing
June 06, 2008, 07:52:32 PM
ISO666
Relapse
Century Media
Red Stream
The Ajna Offensive
Moribund
FMP
Nuclear Blast
Vinal Edge
Evil Music

Add any others I'm missing. Seems a good way to get everything here so far.
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

Re: Metal distros worth patronizing
June 06, 2008, 08:08:04 PM
Great idea!

Hell's Headbangers - the official label of Profanatica/Havohej.  Dethrone the Son of God, the new Profanatica, and "Enemy of Virtue" 2XCD all for $10/$11.

Just for the record Moribund does not keep their inventory updated very well at all.
I live in my own place
Have never copied nobody even half
And at any Master who lacks the grace
To laugh at himself, I laugh!

June 07, 2008, 12:11:38 PM
Dis-order

I also get informed of what's new there.
Because I am more intelligent than you are.

June 07, 2008, 01:39:15 PM
Nuclear War Now! carries some good releases, and delivers.
Invictus Productions has good bands and good service.

Monolithic Recs
Todestrieb Recs
are the two decent UK distros I have had dealings with. Beware some of the other UK distros that have nice websites and a supposedly large catalogue, but frequently fail to live up to their promises...

June 07, 2008, 04:06:36 PM
http://www.crushuntilmadness.com/

http://www.myspace.com/reapermetalrecords  

To the best of my knowledge, Reaper Metal is run by Craig from Nunslaughter/Crucified Mortals.

June 07, 2008, 05:39:53 PM
To the best of my knowledge, Reaper Metal is run by Craig from Nunslaughter/Crucified Mortals.

So they run that and Hell's Headbangers?  Or is HH only closely associated with them instead?

June 08, 2008, 12:17:56 AM
I think the few times I ordered from HH, I got e-mails from Craig confirming the order. It's been about a year since I've ordered from them though.

ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

June 14, 2008, 11:22:06 PM
This is a good idea, but could we also make note of any distros to be avoided?

June 14, 2008, 11:56:21 PM
Northern Sky Productions should be avoided for the most part.  They have a decent amount of 'hard to find' releases on vinyl and tape, but the tapes are generally bootlegged versions of an original, with photocopied liner notes.  The owner generally has good intentions, but also has little integrity and often slacks on sending out purchases; frequently making questionable excuses for whatever delay.  

June 15, 2008, 08:22:03 AM
Most of you will already know this but for everyone else:

watch out for Goatowarex, send money to him and you've got about a 50% chance of ever hearing from him again

June 15, 2008, 10:43:52 AM
...but the tapes are generally bootlegged versions of an original, with photocopied liner notes.

Tape distros generally work this way -- a single "master" tape and liner note set is provided and the distro is expected to make the copies (and thus control their own profit and quality, while the tape's owner saves on shipping up front).  The results can be fair or atrocious depending on the individual running the distribution operation.

June 15, 2008, 02:53:52 PM

in my book:

Regimental Records
NWN! (hail yakuza)
BlackMetal.com
TerrorWolfe (r.i.p)
Pure Impact
Barracuda Records
ISO666
Nykta
Pulverised Records