Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Any Exploited fans in the house...

Re: Any Exploited fans in the house...
July 25, 2005, 09:37:13 PM
Okay, okay, settle down kids. So as to not breed any more stupidity, my general reasons for hating Punk Rock, GG Allin, etc., is that the attitude and ideology is just extremist shock value bullshit with no real content, at best, just like most "Metal" (which is essentially "Heavy Rock"). GG Allin is basically a joke. His music is a joke, his antics were a joke, his life was a joke. His "message" had no actual susbtance and he didn't accomplish anything except becoming a burnt out retard and then dying. The Exploited? To me all of it, by which I mean Punk Rock in general, was just a watered down, semi-coherent "revolt" which only existed because kids weren't intelligent enough to come up with something that had more depth since they never really stepped outside of the "system" they were rebelling against. Perhaps I'm interpretting things wrongly, but this is the impression I get from the music and from what I know of Punk Rock. It's all pretty stupid, especially now. I'm really fond of Dead Horse though, maybe there are Punk or Hardcore artists like them? It seems somewhat likely when considering the general ideology, but I'm sure on many levels they stand alone. Regardless, that's as close as I get to Punk Rock.

July 25, 2005, 09:45:36 PM
i agree with other. punk rock (GG allin included) is a childish purgative.

and this is all.

listening now: acheron

July 27, 2005, 10:56:53 PM
well, this went way off, explioted was the name of the game, and then everyone talks about everything else, explioted should be more looked upon, people just ignore it

July 27, 2005, 11:10:35 PM
GG Allin is basically a joke. His music is a joke, his antics were a joke, his life was a joke.

Alright, this is fair, but I think that was the point, he was a man with no reason to live because nothing satisfied him.

As for the shock value thing I look at it like this, varg burned down churches, gg allin took shits and ate them, and its really the same thing. Both did it not necesairly to shock people (although Im sure their was a certain thrill in it that way too) but also to prove that they were serious and the real deal.  
yahweh, bring me to valhala

July 29, 2005, 05:14:51 PM
Hardcore music was protest music. It wasn't meant to be good, like metal. Well, good metal, anyway. The Exploited were writing death metal riffs back in 1981

TC

July 29, 2005, 05:40:48 PM
some of you clearly hate punk on the whole without having delved into any sort of discovery, as there are several worthwhile bands in the genre spanning several decads, imo.

the exploited will be here next month, and i will be there watching with glee.

July 30, 2005, 03:01:02 AM
I prefer the DRI lp myself.
Conflagrations

Au milieu de l'hiver, j'ai découvert en moi un invincible été.

August 01, 2005, 03:35:10 PM
Hardcore music was protest music. It wasn't meant to be good, like metal. Well, good metal, anyway. The Exploited were writing death metal riffs back in 1981

Not in 1981, but on the album "Death Before Dishonour" they had some Death Metal styled riffs.
"Death the ultimate reality death the ultimate reason to live."

August 03, 2005, 11:54:35 PM
i agree with other. punk rock (GG allin included) is a childish purgative.

Punk rock is not hardcore, but clearly metal is a musical improvement.

Emo is total shit, and that includes almost all metalcore.

I like the classic bands.

Hardcore punk:
GBH, Minor Threat, Discharge, Black Flag, The Exploited, the Germs

Thrash:
DRI, COC, Cryptic Slaughter, Fearless Iranians From Hell, dead horse, bad brains

And some punk rock:
Ramones, Skrewdriver