Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Afghanistan: Family Values

Afghanistan: Family Values
June 09, 2008, 08:54:05 PM
OK, so I have a SAC (School Assessed Coursework) for year 12 English. It's on the Kite-Runner and the question I've chosen to address is basically about father-son relationships. What I want to do for today is have a look into Afghan family values concerning the relation ship between son and father or even just child and parent. If anyone knows a bit about this, or can direct me to a good internet resource, I would be very grateful :D

DrBob

Re: Afghanistan: Family Values
June 09, 2008, 09:37:53 PM
Well, as far as I understand, all Middle Eastern father-son relationships are purely sexual.  Ha ha - I kid because I love.

In all seriousness though, the only advise I can give you is to simply not use the internet as a research tool.  Go to the library.  Not only will they have books available but most likely they will have access to research/article archives, which are vastly superior to any internet source.

June 09, 2008, 09:48:44 PM
I know that books would be a better alternative, but I don't have any on the subject and the nearest library is a 40 minute walk away. I will pore through my time magazines, my mother has been subscribing to them since 1991 and they're bound to have something to do with it.

Anyway, I think that the internet won't be as bad as you make it out to be, seeing as this is a year 12 SAC (about 900 words, and I only want to describe father-son relationships briefly in one or maybe two paragraphs) and not a university thing.

June 10, 2008, 03:57:45 AM
Sparknotes.com

June 10, 2008, 05:47:39 AM
You would do well to at least take a look through some of the online sourcebooks (primary sources, obviously) that Fordham keeps on its site.

Internet History Sourcebooks Main Portal

The Middle East Since 1914

the Islamic History Sourcebook

Cheers!