Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Afghanistan: Family Values

Afghanistan: Family Values
June 09, 2008, 08:54:05 PM
OK, so I have a SAC (School Assessed Coursework) for year 12 English. It's on the Kite-Runner and the question I've chosen to address is basically about father-son relationships. What I want to do for today is have a look into Afghan family values concerning the relation ship between son and father or even just child and parent. If anyone knows a bit about this, or can direct me to a good internet resource, I would be very grateful :D

Re: Afghanistan: Family Values
June 09, 2008, 09:37:53 PM
Well, as far as I understand, all Middle Eastern father-son relationships are purely sexual.  Ha ha - I kid because I love.

In all seriousness though, the only advise I can give you is to simply not use the internet as a research tool.  Go to the library.  Not only will they have books available but most likely they will have access to research/article archives, which are vastly superior to any internet source.

June 09, 2008, 09:48:44 PM
I know that books would be a better alternative, but I don't have any on the subject and the nearest library is a 40 minute walk away. I will pore through my time magazines, my mother has been subscribing to them since 1991 and they're bound to have something to do with it.

Anyway, I think that the internet won't be as bad as you make it out to be, seeing as this is a year 12 SAC (about 900 words, and I only want to describe father-son relationships briefly in one or maybe two paragraphs) and not a university thing.

June 10, 2008, 03:57:45 AM

June 10, 2008, 05:47:39 AM
You would do well to at least take a look through some of the online sourcebooks (primary sources, obviously) that Fordham keeps on its site.

Internet History Sourcebooks Main Portal

The Middle East Since 1914

the Islamic History Sourcebook