Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

RAC

RAC
June 10, 2008, 07:46:15 AM
While I can't stand general rock music, there's something about RAC which makes me listen to it.
Eastern European RAC scene has some good bands.

Re: RAC
June 10, 2008, 09:00:23 AM
RAC is boring mainly. As far as punk goes, I like some crust, powerviolence and grindcore, even some straight up hardcore punk. But RAC, really, most of that stuff is completely useless

June 10, 2008, 12:03:05 PM
Eastern European RAC scene has some good bands.

Can you list them?

In general, I have to echo MasterEnslaver's comment: the RAC I've heard reminds me of the punk I don't like and the rock I don't like -- simple drone cycles.

June 10, 2008, 04:29:54 PM
I agree, but RAC is mainly protest music, it doesn't aim to achieve something politically on long-term, not artistically.

Kolovrat (adopted a more metal aesthetic recently), Agressiva 88, Konkwista 88, Honor, Sztorm 68 and more. Kolovrat and Honor are of special note.

June 10, 2008, 09:15:10 PM

RAC is another music genre, the difference is that you do not need to play well music instruments just pull out the "rage & hate" from the inside, oi!, punk, hardcore, rock.. they are music genres much more elaborated.

June 11, 2008, 08:43:06 PM
True, it has the potential to be that, but most of the time its just insipid.

Bands like Aggravated Assault, Nordic Thunder, Fortress and even Skrewdriver, none of them have anything behind their music, no anger or anything.

June 12, 2008, 03:57:33 AM
Most RAC is moronic peasant-sound that serves as a vehicle for white-nationalist propaganda. The music is usually only an after thought, with politics and aesthetics being in the forefront. In other words, it's not art.

And oh, what politics and aesthetics!... Glory to the white proletariat, beer and tuff-guys! Could it get dumber?

June 12, 2008, 06:10:01 AM
Yep. Read lyrics to Aggravated Assault - AC Boys