Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

ANUS interviews: smart subjects

ANUS interviews: smart subjects
June 15, 2008, 12:38:55 AM
I was reading the new Abhorrent interview, and found some other gems in here I'd forgotten.

Averse Sefira - lucid metaphysics, best understanding of metal history of any current band.

Cryptic Slaughter - a lot of experience comes through in this interview.

Cadaver - an erudite take on art and metal's place in the universe, some subtle blasphemy.

Bathory - they really got Quorthon to open up about what motivates him and what his art was meant to mean.

Rigor Mortis - a ton of speed metal history and some insights on music as a lifestyle.

Sammath - crisp logic, clear artistic goals; I have to listen to this band again.

Spear of Longinus - interesting take on history and future.

Re: ANUS interviews: smart subjects
June 15, 2008, 03:53:54 PM
The Averse Sefira interview is excellent; I especially liked their corpse paint justification.

The interview with Ildjarn is worth reading too, if only for the sheer misanthropy and coldness that emanates from the man's answer. Very few people have managed to intuitively understand the patterns that underlie black metal as much as him.

The Acerbus interview is also very representative of their music : there's ideas and influences coming from everywhere at once yet through an intellectual tour de force, they manage to harness them and construct a highly coherent yet totally twisted vision of the world and music.

All it is lacking now is a Crimson Massacre interview.

June 16, 2008, 03:50:05 AM
That is a wealth of interesting discussion. I am slightly perplexed by Wrath's(Averse Sefira)outright dismissal of VoiVod as influence. I once had a conversation with Sanguine where I mentioned the VoiVod connection to which he responded more in the affirmative. To be fair he didn't necessarily say it was a direct influence on AS's music, but that he greatly respected and enjoyed VoiVod and "Piggy's" playing etc. Either way, at times I hear clear similarities/influence, though much of their work sounds nothing remotely VoiVodian at all.

Good reading.

June 30, 2008, 06:36:07 PM
Who else should ANUS interview?

Clearly Paul Ledney, for one.

June 30, 2008, 06:41:26 PM
Antti Boman of Demilich, Nuclear Holocausto of Beherit, Alf Svensson of ex-At the Gates/Oxiplegatz

June 30, 2008, 09:41:09 PM
Nuclear Holocausto of Beherit
I second this.

And very nice interviews, good job ANUS.

July 01, 2008, 03:32:28 PM
Jon Jamshid of FMP
Odin of Moribund
someone from Entombed about the lyrics on Left Hand Path

July 01, 2008, 09:11:47 PM
Tom Warrior?
I recall user LEGION was offering to give Tom`s tel.number for this purpose

July 02, 2008, 04:40:31 AM
Luc Lemay of Gorguts/Negativa could also make for a very interesting interview. I'd also like to hear one with Jeff Hayden of Timeghoul, the one on with Blodgett on HEIDENLÄRM managed to strike my interest and I think that Hayden could probably give some very interesting insight on the relationship between classical music and death metal.

July 04, 2008, 02:21:31 AM
All classic Swedish bands.