Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Gustav Mahler

Re: Gustav Mahler
March 22, 2013, 01:17:30 PM
Another thread ruined by crowsturbation.

"Musical opinion? Opinions aren't real bro"

On the other hand, had you asked for considered observations about Gustav Mahler, I would have had none to offer.

Then don't pollute.

March 22, 2013, 03:44:45 PM
Try Edgard Grieg instead.

It's more simple and organic.

March 22, 2013, 04:25:46 PM
Another thread ruined by crowsturbation.

"Musical opinion? Opinions aren't real bro"

On the other hand, had you asked for considered observations about Gustav Mahler, I would have had none to offer.

Then don't pollute.

That's yet more gratuitous insult, faggot.
My contribution was humour, of which you demonstrably have none.
While yours was the usual sniping valueless vomit, auto-initiated by mob instinct.

Humour doesn't wreck threads.
Witless assaults, like yours, do.
Cause and effect, see? Simple stuff. Insult people, for zero reason, and you start a war.
This little entrenched mob is really going to have to be disbanded. Examples made. That sort of thing.
So much for 'uber-men'.

E

March 22, 2013, 07:29:10 PM
Try Edgard Grieg instead.

It's more simple and organic.

Possibly a good advice to newcomers, but I suspect that comparing Mahler's symphonies may be comparing apples/oranges as it is, with Grieg offering something entirely different (and, as far as symphonies are concerned, nothing spectacular).

Quote from: Humanicide
Back on track - what's a good work to introduce myself to Mahler?

Aforementioned Symphony 2 'Resurrection'. See Audiofile.

March 23, 2013, 12:42:05 AM
Cheers, just grabbed it. Thanks!

March 23, 2013, 01:20:07 AM
I once listened to Mahler and nothing but Mahler for a week, a similar procedure I use for most music, and I haven't found much impetus to return. I can't help but feel like ultimately, his work comes across as empty, even though initial listens appear to be profound. Certainly not the worst thing in the world, nothing to celebrate either.

April 02, 2013, 01:33:28 AM
Mahler always grabs my attention but fails to connect on the deep level of Bruckner, Schubert or Beethoven. Some of his melodies are magnificent, but it also has the annoying tendency to stay in my head like pop music for the coming days. After hearing a Bruckner symphony, I forget it immediately but it leaves such a grand feeling in my soul.

April 04, 2013, 01:38:23 PM
I didn't like Mahler. Too obvious, too please with itself. I listened, I zoned out.