Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Forum Update

Forum Update
July 08, 2008, 12:41:01 AM
We're still working out the bugs, but we've both upgraded the forum and upgraded our access.

Apparently, we were using too much of what our host could offer. At first, this looked like an isolated incident brought on by the reckless flood machine that is Yahoo's Slurp! crawler. However, it soon became clear that more was happening: we were getting hordes of traffic like never before to our top two sites, ANUS and CORRUPT.

Upgrades took a while, and we were down for almost a week. Now that we're back, please notify us if you see anything wEiRd going on.

*** We need volunteers to help us clean up the Audiofile section, putting archives in the correct format, removing non-MP3/FLAC files, and updating expired links. ***

Your admins,
kontinual
death metal black metal

Re: Forum Update
July 09, 2008, 11:32:02 AM
While the overall capabilities and options of the forum are improved with this update, I can't help but miss the good old Metal Hall I've grown up with all these years  :'(

One request : would it be possible to use two different colors for the Quotes' background and the regular reply background, like before on the old forum ? Not necessarily full-blown white, but something brighter for the Quotes' background. The quote marks are great but both the quotes and the replies are displayed with the same color scheme and it's less easy for the eyes to spot what's going on in the conversation very quickly.

The new font size seems a bit small too, but I guess I'll get used to that over time.

Nice to see that the forum problems are solved, regardless.

EDIT : gimme back the old simleys' GIFs too ! These ones are inferior and for some reason look crappy even if they follow the same drawing.  :-*

July 10, 2008, 04:15:16 AM
I can help cleanup audiofile. It shouldn't take more than a few hours I would think. I don't see how someone could update expired links. The original poster has to reupload them don't they?

July 10, 2008, 11:30:55 PM
I can probably help with audiofile also, if you need.

July 11, 2008, 10:37:34 PM
I can help cleanup audiofile. It shouldn't take more than a few hours I would think. I don't see how someone could update expired links. The original poster has to reupload them don't they?

Anyone can upload them.  We're talking about replacing links that have rotted with new ones that may have been posted, or placing appropriate requests for them.

July 14, 2008, 04:42:41 AM

on various bands i search even 5 times and never found a result.. maybe the problem is my navigator or the search engine fails as fuck, somebody have same problem using the search engine to find bands?

July 14, 2008, 09:29:04 AM
Never had any problems with the search engine though the failed smileys do concern me a bit.

July 14, 2008, 05:40:20 PM

on various bands i search even 5 times and never found a result.. maybe the problem is my navigator or the search engine fails as fuck, somebody have same problem using the search engine to find bands?

Did you search when the site was messed up by the yahoo thing? I had the same problem until the site was fixed. If you search again and it doesn't work there must be a problem.

July 18, 2008, 03:14:54 AM

I haven't had a problem with the search bar yet.  Not sure why it might be inconsistent.

July 18, 2008, 08:40:51 AM
well definitively it seems to be a problem of my navigator perhaps it is because i have a Windows uE (Unattended Edition) , oh yes , i do not need the fukking micro$oft... thanks to all for the replies and to Kontinual for the past advice on my posts.
Qui dormit.. non peccat

July 20, 2008, 11:03:33 PM

The search engine is relative to the page on which you search; if you want to search for something on the whole forum, then use the search bar on the front page, if you want to search for something in this particular thread, then use the search bar on this thread's page.

July 21, 2008, 06:49:23 AM
The search engine is relative to the page on which you search; if you want to search for something on the whole forum, then use the search bar on the front page, if you want to search for something in this particular thread, then use the search bar on this thread's page.

umm good observation surely this was the problem,  thanks man.

July 22, 2008, 11:18:42 PM
well definitively it seems to be a problem of my navigator perhaps it is because i have a Windows uE (Unattended Edition) , oh yes , i do not need the fukking micro$oft...

Personally, I'm sort of fond of Linux in such situations. It also keeps you away from the Macintosh, which will make you wish to copulate with transsexual orangutans.