Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

gateway bands

Re: gateway bands
August 01, 2005, 12:06:28 PM
Maiden first and foremost, then AC/DC.

Found metallica megadeth and slayer later on, and stuck with them for some years until someone played me Atheist six or seven years ago - i never looked back.

August 01, 2005, 06:07:09 PM
Therion, Metallica and Slayer. In that order.

August 02, 2005, 02:31:25 AM

Indeed.  Only from Juclear Blast Records!  I think I bought it at bestbuy...

Annihilaytorr

August 02, 2005, 03:51:59 AM
Dimmu Borgir!  I used to think EDT was the best thing since canned beer.

It is hard to tell what is worse, canned beer or Enthrone Darkness Triumphant...

August 02, 2005, 01:49:35 PM
When I was pretty young I could regularly hear stuff like Metallica and Black Sabbath on the radio, so that was what first caught my ear. Then for a few years I got into some punk bands such as Bad Religion, The Misfits, Suicidal Tendencies, etc. I mainly was interested in this music for its political and social ideology. After a couple years of this I got sick of bands that simply pounded out power chords in a different order. I started going to metal concerts with one of my friends who was really into Slayer and Morbid Angel and I enjoyed the atmosphere much more. Not much has changed since then, except now I listen to more classical than I used to. Although I am getting a little bored with metal and the degenerate crowd it tends to attract.

August 02, 2005, 03:11:49 PM
My first metal band was Metallica : something about 7 years ago a buddy gave me a casset on which was Master Of Pupets. Then 2 years later I was introduced to Judas Priest and Accept, I copied a cassete one side of which was Restless And Wild and the other one was Defenders Of The Faith. Somewhere around that time I got introduced to Manowar and AC DC. Though I knew and liked some songs by AC DC before, I had not had a chance to get an album untill that moment.
"Death the ultimate reality death the ultimate reason to live."

August 02, 2005, 08:17:32 PM
. Then for a few years I got into some punk bands such as Bad Religion, The Misfits, Suicidal Tendencies, etc. I mainly was interested in this music for its political and social ideology. After a couple years of this I got sick of bands that simply pounded out power chords in a different order.

yeah this is like me too , i used to listen to punk bands like sex pistols , leftover crack and then stuff like mudhoney, then i went on to mudhoney
yahweh, bring me to valhala

August 03, 2005, 11:53:56 AM
It's been quite a journey:

Quality popular metal/rock (Alice In Chains; Faith No More) -> last wave of hardcore (Vision Of Disorder; Earth Crisis) -> speed metal (Slayer, Testament, Sepultura; Megadeth; Metallica) -> death metal & grindcore (Morbid Angel; At The Gates; Immolation; Death; Bolt Thrower; Carcass; Napalm Death) simultaneously with melodic metal (Soilwork; Dark Tranquillity) -> melodic death metal & black metal (Sentenced; Emperor; Dissection) -> black metal par excellence (Immortal; Darkthrone; Burzum)
"Art remains in the artist and is the knowledge by which things are made. What is made according to the art is correct; what one makes as one likes may very well be awkward. We must not confuse taste with judgment, or loveliness with beauty, for as Augustine says, some people like deformities." -- A.K. Coomaraswamy