Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Speed/Thrash metal

Re: Speed/Thrash metal
October 06, 2006, 04:42:14 PM
Opression?
I'm just proving a point. All this talk of 'transitional genre's' & that. It's music, & that's all it is. Enjoy it for what it is.....fast & loud.
All these crossover, genre's & that. It's all crap. Imean you can't put 'd.r.i.' in the same league as 'death', but it's all supposed to be 'thrash'?
iv'e had my moan now...anyone for the Mentors?

October 06, 2006, 05:06:47 PM
I'm just proving a point. All this talk of 'transitional genre's' & that. It's music, & that's all it is. Enjoy it for what it is.....fast & loud.

The only thing you're proving is that you're a moron. Music like art can be studied, and with good purpose 99% of the idiots on the planet agree with you though, so be happy, you're popular

October 06, 2006, 05:25:26 PM
Well, if 99% of people agree with me, then is it me who is the moron?
All 'phsycologise' the music does is cause arguements, because no 2 opinions are the same.
Here's an example for you. Metallica, are not thrash now, they are crap! The thrashy riffs have been replaced with too many melodic tunes! Are they trying to make thrash something it is not?!

October 06, 2006, 05:37:41 PM
All 'phsycologise' the music does is cause arguements, because no 2 opinions are the same.

All that matters is truth. It's normal than 99% don't see it. You're trying to eliminate conflict by eliminating truth. That is illogical and destructive.

October 06, 2006, 05:55:15 PM
Sorry old' kid, but your loosing me!
I just think that you are looking too deeply into this music 'thing', but hey, thats just my opinion.

October 06, 2006, 06:16:17 PM
Sorry old' kid, but your loosing me!
I just think that you are looking too deeply into this music 'thing', but hey, thats just my opinion.

See, I knew that was coming.
You can't use collegial reasoning to teach infants.

Redbomb, you said no 2 opinions are the same and then your example was "Metallica doesn't play metal anymore, they play crap".  Right off the bat, you're dipped in shit.  Lots of people think Metallica's music eats mountain ranges of dick now, way more don't.  

Who do you think are the morons when you can barely string a sentence together?  You have to kill yourself.  You're breaking the planet.

October 07, 2006, 06:19:05 AM
What can i say? I joined this forum for the benefit of top music, not to enter into some deep profound nonsense about studying music. And what's all this you'll have to kill yourself, your breaking the planet stuff. I think you don' t need to worry 'cause your not on the same planet as me!
It's muic!!!!....& that's all it is!!!!!

October 07, 2006, 01:01:12 PM

Everyone witness a fine example of the argumentum ad populum fallacy.  ;)

Annihilaytorr

October 07, 2006, 09:49:07 PM
Like Bonded By Blood, Seven Churches and Pleasure To Kill, I find DD horrifically overrated. We Have Arrived is better.

Yea, Eaten Back to Life is much better than the over rated Legion, Blessed are the Sick, Cause of Death and Karelian Isthmus.

Your opinion might be remotely valid if from the perspective of a listener of more evolved metal that followed the proginating class of bands you just denounced, but considering you mentioned the light hearted ham handed debut from Dark Angel as better than what is essentially the "best of speedmetal" list, your opinion loses any validity it might have had.  

October 07, 2006, 10:54:43 PM
Your opinion might be remotely valid if from the perspective of a listener of more evolved metal that followed the proginating class of bands you just denounced  

My cd collection is an even mix of speed/thrash, death, black and heavy. I listen to all kinds of metal and have all the death metal albums you mentioned.
Personally, I find nothing special about Obituary, Amorphis, Deicide or Morbid Angel`s early work either, and would say that Floridian death metal, with a few exceptions, bores me to tears. I can appreciate the musical skill of say, Morbid Angel but find them to be shitty songwriters, much like Deicide and Obituary. I will conceed that Legion, Blessed Are The Sick and Cause Of Death are probably the best respective works by those bands but nothing I would call great, or even very good.

If Bonded By Blood, Pleasure To Kill and Darkness Descends represent the best of speed/thrash metal then I`m Orlando Bloom. I could mention AT LEAST 30 superior releases from that genre and era without blinking an eye.
I`ll refer you to my earliest post in this thread for recommended bands as your knowledge on the subject appears to be severely limited to the most obvious groups.

Death

October 08, 2006, 02:40:14 AM
Personally, I find nothing special about Obituary, Amorphis, Deicide or Morbid Angel`s early work either, and would say that Floridian death metal, with a few exceptions, bores me to tears. I can appreciate the musical skill of say, Morbid Angel but find them to be shitty songwriters, much like Deicide and Obituary. I will conceed that Legion, Blessed Are The Sick and Cause Of Death are probably the best respective works by those bands but nothing I would call great, or even very good.

are you sure you even like death metal in the first place; you might have confused it somewhere along the line with hatebreed

I could mention AT LEAST 30 superior releases from that genre and era without blinking an eye.

ok go

Annihilaytorr

October 09, 2006, 12:44:19 AM
It is not uncommon to find listeners who dislike any band with notoriety simply because they are obvious or famous. This is the exact reason you can find hordes of teenagers who think Slayer is mediocre, while at the same time holding second rate pseudo glamrock like Razor as the best thrash ever.

Annihilaytorr

October 09, 2006, 12:48:42 AM
Oh, I just realized this guy called The Haunted thrash and said Annih88torr was good.  Discussion over.

Vajra

October 09, 2006, 05:40:20 AM
It is not uncommon to find listeners who dislike any band with notoriety simply because they are obvious or famous. This is the exact reason you can find hordes of teenagers who think Slayer is mediocre, while at the same time holding second rate pseudo glamrock like Razor as the best thrash ever.

Typical trait of genremongers is to disregard a band based on how well known or well regarded they are to people who don't belong to that niche group.

Soon, Suffocation will be a "brutal death metal band # 683745 rip-off"

October 09, 2006, 07:54:48 AM
It is not uncommon to find listeners who dislike any band with notoriety simply because they are obvious or famous.

Really? Thanks for that revelation, Wolfgang_master_of_stating_the_fucking_obvious.
If you`d bothered to read my earliest posts you`d see this doesn't apply to me as the FIRST TWO albums I recommended were Reign In Blood and Ride The Lightning; hardly obscure examples of the genre.

I have some advice for you. Look beyond the Dark Legions review section and you`ll find a whole new world of metal to explore.
Once your knowledge is broader than the 5 or 6 well known bands in each genre come back and you MIGHT just be qualified to comment on this thread. Heck, we might even might be able to get you spell `Annihilator` properly.