Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

AVERSE SEFIRA video interview about church burning

Black Metal and Church Burning go together like…Baseball, Hot Dogs and Apple Pie, or so says Austin Texas’ Averse Sefira. Averse Sefira have some strong view points, beware. And for those with an open mind, for those following all of our videos, take note this is just a taste, we’re saving the best for the film.

AVERSE SEFIRA video interview

"Trees don't pay taxes."

As usual, the most articulate band in metal. They speak extemporaneously with the same detail and focus that characterizes their interviews. Not to mention a vicious but very subtle sense of humor.
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

hahaha as usual the monkeys over at Blabbermouth are hooting and hurling their shit. Those kids freak out pretty badly when ideas more complex than "FUKKIN HOSTILLLLLLLLLLE!" come along.

They've nailed it right there, fuck all this political correctness and open mindedness that has taken roots in metal music these years. Christianity is against everything that black metal stands for, it's only logical that we should try to destroy its most enduring symbols, and yet the modern black metal fan or musician in all its humanistic glory believes that since "we are all entitled to our own opinions", they are all equally valid and that therefore we shouldn't fight the sick values that are killing our nations.

It's pathetic how most of those so called "atheists" are nothing more than glorified christians anyway, only in that they're even more worthless than a good old theist because they usually lack the divinely inspired motivation of their ancestors.

Averse Sefira are becoming increasingly adept at speaking to their target audience (i.e. hessians), and completely alienating everybody else.  Largely for this reason, their growing fanbase is showing a drastically more favorable intelligence ratio than about any other band at the moment.  If this is as intentional as it appears to me, then they're fucking brilliant.  Support!

Oh and the humor wasn't all that subtle.  Sanguine in sunglasses with his hood flared to the sides is hilarious...

Oh and the humor wasn't all that subtle.  Sanguine in sunglasses with his hood flared to the sides is hilarious...

Unabomber? That's a pretty clever way to make a statement. That interview was great - it ought to attract the right people to their music and offend the hell out of rest.

After this video, I only feel that we're in the middle of a turning point in death metal and black metal, with this band close to the front.

Where is the rest of this interview, the so-called "full version"?

One thing that bothered me is that for all their talk about ascending beyond the flesh they expressed their view of the world and its constituents from a purely human perspective:

If you look at the film site you'll see that this is a work in progress, and like most films a good deal of the content will be "on the cutting room floor". So maybe we'll never see it all. And from looking at the other content it's clear that the filmmakers are interested in opinions about society and the world at large so the band answered accordingly.

"Man is a little germ that lives on an unimportant rock ball that revolves about an insignificant star on the outer edges of one of the smaller galaxies."

Does anyone know where the original quote is from?

Their frequent reference to trees was a little awkward. Perhaps they're just a little camera-shy.

The quote might be from Sagan, no?

"Man is a little germ that lives on an unimportant rock ball that revolves about an insignificant star on the outer edges of one of the smaller galaxies."

Voice tone indicates it must be Alan Watts, but unfortunately I don't know the audio source.

GS

One thing that bothered me is that for all their talk about ascending beyond the flesh they expressed their view of the world and its constituents from a purely human perspective: mountains, people, trees, the wind. Those are things that have no meaning outside our human space and frame of reference on planet Earth

But they would have meaning to the audience they're addressing, which is why you find them talking in layman's terms on camera and on record, something rather different. It's an interview, stupid.

The blown-up Deicide photo on the wall is great.

Voice tone indicates it must be Alan Watts, but unfortunately I don't know the audio source.

The Relevance of Oriental Philosophy: http://members.aol.com/chasklu/religion/private/watts.htm