Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

TEENS who listen to heavy metal may be demons

TEENS who listen to heavy metal may be demons
August 05, 2008, 04:35:26 PM
Doctors can determine whether a teenager is at the risk of developing a mental illness or committing suicide just by asking him or her what type of music they prefer, according to a new study.

Published in Australasian Psychiatry journal, the study showed that teens who listen to pop music are more likely to be struggling with their sexuality, while those who prefer rap or heavy metal could be having unprotected sex and drink-driving.

Teens who favour jazz are usually misfits and loners.

http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/india-news/kids-choice-of-music-may-reveal-suicidal-tendencies_10080169.html
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

I hate these studies that are supposedly making ground-breaking progress. Everything in this article is common sense. It's like saying, "Someone who visits bars frequently is probably single and has unfulfilled sexual desires." Why would you post this?

Seems like a bunch of vaguely correlated data has been extrapolated to make their hypothesis a true representation of the world. They came to the end of their research fund and realised they didn't have a conclusion that people didn't already know so tried to make one up. They failed.

Fucking Bullshit the Media always imposes on teens these days.
All for Nihilism.

Re: TEENS who listen to heavy metal may be demons
September 01, 2008, 12:09:33 AM
Anybody who defines themselves by what they listen to is a twit anyways.

I also noticed how every genre of music leads to suicide.

Goodbye, cruel world.
In Soviet Russia, God creates human!

NHA

September 07, 2008, 05:22:34 AM
Seems like a bunch of vaguely correlated data has been extrapolated to make their hypothesis a true representation of the world. They came to the end of their research fund and realised they didn't have a conclusion that people didn't already know so tried to make one up. They failed.

From what i understand, while the actual methodology of research is held to academic standards, the concluding statements/result of a research paper are wide open for creative interpretation by the authors. Adverse effects of products  are pretty much marked as tolerable as long as you don't instantly die on contact haha.

September 23, 2008, 04:27:48 AM
Fucking Bullshit the Media always imposes on teens these days.
All for Nihilism.

Everything I do is being studied and the more I do, the more I am being classified.
Where is the enjoyment and uninterrupted satisfaction of simply "being"?

I agree with you,
I suppose.
Because I am more intelligent than you are.