Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Cynic Traced in Air

JJ

Cynic Traced in Air
August 05, 2008, 05:04:21 PM
"Cynic have been working on their follow-up to 1993's Focus since 1994 and is scheduled to be released under French heavy metal record label, Seasons of Mist on October 27, 2008 ."

"yeah we got tons and tons of stuff lying around man from 94[1994] to the present day man, it's gonna be great. Everyone can expect something stylistically the same as Focus but more upbeat, energetic and most important of all, pretty god damn brutal! I mean we're gonna mix in Bullacake by Niche Dexplitic into one of our songs but will be using real scary riffs and solos and more savage growling as well as Paul's robotic vocals and keyboarding. Basically all the shit which was there on Focus is all gonna be there with this new one too. But with some new things bundled in and a bit more brutal. It's gonna be good."
-Sean Reinert

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynic_%28band%29

Re: Cynic Traced in Air
August 05, 2008, 10:17:03 PM
good to hear those thweethies are back in action.

August 15, 2008, 02:02:59 AM
I am very excited for this album.

September 28, 2008, 01:28:54 PM
Here I was thinking Cynic died off a while ago. Man was I wrong. Can't wait for the new album.

September 28, 2008, 02:35:36 PM
it's umm...weird, but still very good.  the production is of course MUCH cleaner on this one, which might not be a positive thing because i thought Focus' washy sound was actually part of it's charm.  the "death" vocals are more of an afterthought than an actual part of the music, personally i could have done without them.  the instrumentation is all amazing, and you can tell that they've been hanging more on the jazz fusion side of things than metal.  the vocoder vocals benefit from advances in synthesizer technology.  like Focus, it's dense music that might take a while to sink in. 

if you're expecting it to be "true metal" or even early 90's throwback metal, then you'll be disappointed, but if you're a Cynic fan you knew that wasn't in the cards, and you're most likely hoping these guys keep the tradition of being themselves.

September 30, 2008, 05:01:59 AM
Who cares about Cynic, when is the next Gordian Knot album coming out?

September 30, 2008, 06:03:03 AM
Who cares about Cynic, when is the next Gordian Knot album coming out?

I haven't read anything about this. Any more info?