We, the undersigned, recognize the following:
* Music is art, meaning it communicates eternal wisdom;
* Metal music is a form of art;
* Art is contrarian to the inclusive, surface-judgment aspects necessary for easy socialization;
* Thus art is both anti-social, and as a deliberate outsider, the only valid social critic through wisdom and not a culture of critique (see inclusivity; critique as a hobby makes everyone a critic, so it is inclusive);
* When metal becomes inundate with the inclusive, it loses its artistic voice;
* Its artistic voice praises the eternal striving for beauty through war, a Romantic outlook laden in vir and dedicated to the artistic, not its inclusive opposite, the political, surface-judgment protest music or social music that is punk or rock'n'(rick)roll;
* Metal goes through periods when it is inundated with the crowd, namely late 1970s, late 1980s, late 1990s through the present, and after it undergoes a new rebirth;
* Before it can be reborn, it must shed its popular skin and be rejected, so that a eugenic population bottleneck of metal musicians and fans occurs.
Therefore, we the undersigned, pledge ourselves as fans of cryptometal, or metal that hides its artistry during times of populist insanity:
* We do not publically identify ourselves as metalheads;
* We do not support metal or "the underground";
* We download all music to avoid supporting a dying genre through its industry;
* We reject all metal music but the excellent, because supporting the mediocre invites more mediocrity;
* We praise the excellent as a way of life, and support it with our listening.