Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

SHADOWS FALL boycott announced

SHADOWS FALL boycott announced
August 15, 2008, 02:44:38 PM
"Shadows Fall" was the name they picked back when they were a racist Oi band and wanted to use hip slang for darker people, "shadows," in a negative context. When they got the wisdom of the almighty buck, they elected not to change the name, because "it's kind of funny that no one knows what it meant."

BOYCOTT SHADOWS FALL: RACIST GLAM DEATH METAL

http://www.splc.org/report_detail.asp?id=782&edition=20
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

Re: SHADOWS FALL boycott announced
August 16, 2008, 12:40:13 AM
HAHA. I don't think anyone's going to believe that. If anything, it might make racism trendy amongst modern metalheads. Well more trendy I suppose. Also, I think you may have posted the wrong link.

August 18, 2008, 04:07:30 PM
That's funny but the problem is that Shadows Fall grew out of a leftist vegan HC band called Overcast, and that band has a huge cult following among the hoodie wearing karate-kicking pit types. A pity. That band needs to die and soon.

August 18, 2008, 04:12:01 PM
I read somewhere that this band started off as a Christian Metalcore band.

August 18, 2008, 06:00:42 PM
no, i believe their singer used to sing for Overcast. then he went to SF.

doesnt matter anyway.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

August 19, 2008, 02:09:40 AM
That's funny but the problem is that Shadows Fall grew out of a leftist vegan HC band called Overcast, and that band has a huge cult following among the hoodie wearing karate-kicking pit types. A pity. That band needs to die and soon.

That's more or less what I thought. The be-dreadlocked jewish singer is a dead giveaway, of course...