Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Carcass world tour -- Suffocation added as #1 support act for US leg

Sep 9 2008    8:00P
   Starland Ballroom w/ Necrophagist & Dying Fetus, Sayreville, NJ (USA)    Sayreville, New Jersey

Sep 10 2008    8:00P
   Sonar w/ Pig Destroyer & Misery Index, Baltimore (USA)    Baltimore, Maryland

Sep 11 2008    8:00P
   Volume 11, Raleigh, North Carolina (USA)    Raleigh

Sep 12 2008    8:00P
   The Masquerade, Atlanta (USA)    Atlanta, Georgia

Sep 13 2008    8:00P
   Florida Death Fest - Jannus Landing, Tampa (USA)    Tampa, Florida

Sep 15 2008    8:00P
   Emo’s, Austin (USA)    Austin, Texas

Sep 16 2008    8:00P
   Circo Volador, Mexico City (Mexico)    Mexico City

Sep 18 2008    8:00P
   House of Blues, Los Angeles (USA)    Los Angeles, California

Sep 19 2008    8:00P
   The Grand Ballroom, San Francisco (USA)    San Francisco, California

Sep 21 2008    8:00P
   El Corazon, Seattle (USA)    Seattle, Washington

Sep 22 2008    8:00P
   Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver (Canada)    Vancouver, British Columbia

Sep 27 2008    8:00P
   Witchfest (South Africa)    Mooi River

Oct 9 2008    8:00P
   Capitol, Perth (Australia)    Perth

Oct 10 2008    8:00P
   HQ Complex, Adelaide (Australia)    Adelaide

Oct 11 2008    8:00P
   The Arena, Brisbane (Australia)    Brisbane

Oct 12 2008    8:00P
   The Metro Theatre, Sydney (Australia)    Sydney

Oct 13 2008    8:00P
   Billboard, Melbourne (Australia)    Melbourne

Oct 15 2008    8:00P
   Transmission Room, Auckland (New Zealand)    Auckland, Auckland

Oct 18 2008    8:00P
   Loud Park @ Saitama Super Arena (Japan)    Tokyo

Oct 19 2008    8:00P
   Diamond Hall, Nagoya (Japan)    Nagoya

Oct 21 2008    8:00P
   Big Cat Capa, Osaka (Japan)    Osaka

Nov 1 2008    8:00P
   Rock Al Parque, Bogata (Columbia)    Bogata, Bogotá (Distrito Capital)

Nov 2 2008    8:00P
   Estacionamiento de la Casa del Artista - Caracas (Venezuela)    Caracas

Nov 5 2008    8:00P
   Teatro Caupolican (Chile)    Santiago

Nov 8 2008    8:00P
   El Teatro Flores (Agentina)    Buenos Aires

Nov 9 2008    8:00P
   Santana Hall - Sao Paulo, (Brazil)    Sao Paulo

Nov 15 2008    8:00P
   Danish Metal Awards (Denmark)    Copenhagen

Nov 22 2008    8:00P
   Damnation Festival (UK)    Leeds, Northwest

Carcass set list:

01. Intro Tape
02. Inpropagation
03. Buried Dreams
04. Intro Tape
05. Corporal Jigsore
06. Carnal Forge
07. Intro Tape
08. Incarnate Solvent Abuse
09. No Love Lost
10. Edge Of Darkness
11. This Mortal Coil
12. Embodiment
13. Intro Tape
14. Reek Of Putrefaction
15. Keep On Rotting
16. Genital Grinder
17. Rotten To The Gore
18. Death Certificate
19. Intro Tape
20. Exhume To Consume
21. Ruptured (Intro)
22. Heartwork
23. Carneous (Outro)

I was going to sit this one out when Necrophagist was announced as the main supporting act, but them being replaced by Suffocation makes it worthwhile, I think.

Atlanta date it is.

Saw the tour in NYC Saturday - Suffocation damn near stole the show. Were it not for the fact that I've never seen Carcass live and have Suffocation innumerable times, I might take the "damn-near" right out of there!!

Saw the tour in NYC Saturday - Suffocation damn near stole the show. Were it not for the fact that I've never seen Carcass live and have Suffocation innumerable times, I might take the "damn-near" right out of there!!
The same happened here in Montreal. Suffocation put a way better show, but Carcass had the more interesting setlist. Very disappointing to see that Suffo left some of their classics out in favour of the newer material (no Catatonia, no Jesus Wept, nothing from BtS), though I guess it's understandable. At least they played with heart, while Carcass was a bit anemic.

Carcass tour gets a B- from me. Could have been a lot better, but still worth seeing if you get the chance.

Will write more later.

Maybe it was just at the Austin show, but Suffocation was completely ridiculous. Mullen's banter was tedious and annoying. The consensus from everyone I've spoken to has been that Carcass completely and unquestionably dominated.

Cigno

Carcass came alone to Mexico. Excellent show, aside from the few horrible Swang-songs they played.

Saw the show in Atlanta. 1349's set (this was who I drove 4 hours to see) was incredibly short. They were great, but it was disappointing to come so far for a 30 minute set. Aborted did well with the kids, Suffocation did well with with the barbies who braved the front, and Carcass, while everyone seemed to be into it, played FAR TOO LONG. Roughly 90 minutes, and until nearly 1am.  They talked too much, played too long and made me all the more bitter that 1349 was cut so short if the show was going to run that late anyways.

I was at this show last night in San francisco. Drove a couple hours from hollister Ca to see it. Overall it was more a less a disappointment, and terribly expensive.  Order was aborted/1349/suffocation/carcass.

Aborted - I've seen this band twice, and they are awful every time. They have some solid early material ( read: not metalcore), however they played 1 song off of what i feel is there only decent album, goremaggedon.

1349 - First time seeing this band, they were pretty much what i thought they would be. More or less just blasting type black metal in the vein of gorgoroth, without any of the personality.  I was looking forward to seeing this band because I thought frost was going to be playing drums, and while he is indeed in a multitude of awful, awful bands, he is a great drummer none the less.

Suffocation - First time seeing this band as well. They played very, very well. However, the songs they played sucked very, very badly. We got one song off of effigy ( infecting the crypts) and the rest new material. The were nothing short of thunderous in their live aspects, I just wish we could have gotten more classic material.

Carcass- I came for these guys. I knew they would be playing newer material, but felt compelled enough to pay a kings sum to see them. I felt it was a once in a lifetime opportunity, i suppose. I listened to carcass almost exclusively in high school but they were long broken up by then. They had a truely slick stange show with projectors and black lights and shit. Their guitars sounded awful. They played the material very, very precisely. the setlist posted here is exactly what we got. Jeff walker is a great entertainer, however he looks like he needs to give his liver a break. Mike amott looked like a hot topic explosion victim. The drummer ( arch enemy guy) sucked badly, however. He basically played the material exactly how ken owen played it on the recordings. His drum sound was very, very good. Chalk that one up to the sound guy.

Overall it was an experience, while not the best show ive ever been too, it was worth it i suppose. Carcass was the best band there in a live context, even if some of the material they played was awful ( swansong material).

6/10 stars

Jeff walker is a great entertainer, however he looks like he needs to give his liver a break.

He is also apparently an inch or two from dwarf status - I was very close to the stage in NY....I never realized how tiny Walker is!!

Jeff walker is a great entertainer, however he looks like he needs to give his liver a break.

He is also apparently an inch or two from dwarf status - I was very close to the stage in NY....I never realized how tiny Walker is!!

I noticed that too, hes amazingly short. He really does resemble a leprechaun in many way.