Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

What bands are you listening to today?

Re: What bands are you listening to today?
February 23, 2014, 07:42:06 PM
I cant get over the country metal groove riffs that Bongripper tends to write. Other than that I liked this album when I heard it on bandcamp, but it hasnt lasted for me. It is still worlds better than the rest of the stoner doom trash heap though.

Listening to Imposition - Memento Mori; had the urge after that Mayhem track on the front page. Congratulations Imposition, you are better than Mayhem.

February 24, 2014, 05:33:18 AM
Deicide - Legion. Classic american death metal.

February 24, 2014, 06:32:23 AM
I cant get over the country metal groove riffs that Bongripper tends to write. Other than that I liked this album when I heard it on bandcamp, but it hasnt lasted for me. It is still worlds better than the rest of the stoner doom trash heap though.

Listening to Imposition - Memento Mori; had the urge after that Mayhem track on the front page. Congratulations Imposition, you are better than Mayhem.

Excellent. Immediate suicide otherwise.

February 27, 2014, 06:23:36 AM
Oxiplegatz's Worlds and Worlds, Anton Bruckner's 9th, Vader's The Ultimate Incantation

later at night... want to get some Locatelli and Ancient's first album in my system...

February 27, 2014, 09:01:42 PM
Vengeful - The Omnipresent Curse

"Modern" death metal band from Montréal that describe themselves as "death metal with a hypnotic edge." Good grasp on songwriting in all scopes (riff, song, album). Appropriate balance between faster pummeling songs and atmospheric mid-paced tracks. This album stands above most modern death metal, and I think it is worth exploring if you can get past the production (the bass drum is obnoxious). Sample song.
There are only two paths - the mind or the sword
And the mind was open like the sights in a dream
But the sword was like a stone around my neck

March 02, 2014, 08:33:15 PM
Barry the Mortician - For fans of Cannibal Corpse, Six feet Under and Chimaira

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_wLqE0_zHY

March 07, 2014, 07:02:18 PM
Nokturnal Mortum - The Voice of Steel
Bartok - First Piano Concerto
Locatelli - Violin Concertos 10~12
Atlantean Kodex - The White Goddess
Sibelius - Symphonies 1 and 2, Music for Violin/Cello and Piano
Yes - Tales from Topographic Oceans

tried listening to Exodus, but besides the tasty solos, couldn't find anything redeemable in their music.

March 07, 2014, 11:29:20 PM
Godflesh
Liberalism is moral syphilis.

- Jonathan Bowden

March 16, 2014, 12:19:16 PM
Origin - entity ( *yawn*)
Sammath - Godless Arrogance
Timeghoul's discography
Sammath - Godless Arrogance
Beherit - Engram

queued for a little later:
Blinded by Faith - Chernobyl Survivor
Gorguts - Obscura

March 19, 2014, 01:50:28 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvkoqNrHFdw

Bölzer - "Aura". Black/Death metal from Zurich, Switzerland. They have more of a "modern" sound but I can hear potential in it.

March 19, 2014, 02:08:35 AM
Beyond Mortal Dreams - Dreaming Death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N25XSW9Se4E

March 23, 2014, 04:23:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvkoqNrHFdw

Bölzer - "Aura". Black/Death metal from Zurich, Switzerland. They have more of a "modern" sound but I can hear potential in it.

I listened to them quite a bit last year. They have some pretty nice ideas, but it seems like they do not know how to develop them or bring songs to a closure.
I find Von's 2013 album to be a more complete version of this same feeling.  At least in my mind these two seemed to be somehow related.  I may be mistaken, though.

March 23, 2014, 09:12:33 PM
Terrorizer - Hordes of Zombies

Good, but could have been stronger if the songs were condensed. The title track, specifically, feels like it hangs around for 20 minutes.

March 25, 2014, 06:05:17 AM
I woke up in the afternoon today feeling too drowsy to make sudden movements.  The street is quiet and the sky is gray.  The music I want to listen to today doesn't (apparently) particularly match this setting...

1) Cadaver - Hallucinating Anxiety
2) Bathory - The Return
3) Discharge - Hear Nothing See Nothing Say Nothing

4) JS Bach - Solo and Double Violin Concertos, interpreted by the Academy of Ancient Music
5) JS Bach - Weihnachts Oratorium

April 14, 2014, 11:15:02 PM
Hypocrisy - Penetralia

I hate myself for not checking this stuff out earlier, it has the same type of simple violence with surgical precision as Massacra and Deicide. A mix CD of these three bands would be a really good idea!