Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

New ENSLAVED album free stream

New ENSLAVED album free stream
September 23, 2008, 04:13:08 PM
With a 9.5/10 review and album of month award in Terrorizer #175, Enslaved's 'Vertebrae' is "A perfect mix of new and old" and an "Utterly essential" contender for album of the year. Blending the rhythmic blitz of classic black metal with classic rock and prog sensibilities, 'Vertebrae' is a triumph in modern extreme music.

'Vertebrae' is exclusively streaming at:

http://www.terrorizer.com/radio.php/

For a limited time only, if you like what you hear, you can buy it through Terrorizer for £9.99 (postage included)!

[ 1. We always knew they'd try to become King Crimson.

2. This is the smartest use of MP3s in marketing I have seen yet. Sell the physical album, not the gay iTunes.

3. The new Enslaved album is probably crap, and so is Terrorizer, but it's neat to see this happen so it's posted here. ]

Re: New ENSLAVED album free stream
September 23, 2008, 06:05:38 PM
From a marketing standpoint, it's a great idea, artistically, as you rightly assumed, this is crap.  I'll never understand the contention by the 'new' Enslaved apologists that this band 'evolved' or moved in a 'new direction' that is somehow bold and 'experimental.'  Enslaved just does what they always did - play black metal with a progressive spin - the newer albums are just more ham-handedly obvious in their execution ("And here's the Pink Floyd part, yo!") and more accessible to the mainstream in their choice of influences (Floyd and Tool instead of Voivod and Tangerine Dream).

September 23, 2008, 08:55:21 PM
I fell asleep on two seperate ocassions while listening to this album. Nevertheless, I will post it in audio file for those interested and "archival" purposes.

September 24, 2008, 03:43:45 AM
From a marketing standpoint, it's a great idea, artistically, as you rightly assumed, this is crap.  I'll never understand the contention by the 'new' Enslaved apologists that this band 'evolved' or moved in a 'new direction' that is somehow bold and 'experimental.'  Enslaved just does what they always did - play black metal with a progressive spin - the newer albums are just more ham-handedly obvious in their execution ("And here's the Pink Floyd part, yo!") and more accessible to the mainstream in their choice of influences (Floyd and Tool instead of Voivod and Tangerine Dream).

I've never heard this band summed-up more accurately.

September 28, 2008, 02:43:54 AM
listening right now, just want to submit some thoughts:

1.  these guys are old hands by this point.  monetary pressures are always real for a band like this.  it's deliberate that their career has moved from genre-defining (but still underground) black metal, to the slicker and more all-inclusive blandness you would expect from a band like Opeth. 

2.  they at least seemed to have spent more time on this than Ruun.  it's not a return to the grandeur of Eld or Below the Lights, but after Ruun it's a pretty positive improvement.

October 02, 2008, 03:58:54 PM
grandeur
Is that a joke I'm not getting? Vikingligr Veldi and Frost are pretty good, but the others?

October 05, 2008, 11:12:37 PM
grandeur
Is that a joke I'm not getting? Vikingligr Veldi and Frost are pretty good, but the others?

Some candy's here and there in between the piles of crap.

Eld: "For Lenge Siden" to mention one.