Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Seeking opinions?

Re: Seeking opinions?
February 19, 2005, 01:58:47 AM
Lacking in spirit, conviction, innovation, etc bloody etc.

February 19, 2005, 10:38:47 PM
monstrosity -
antaeus - cut your flesh and worship satan

fun kvlt blasting black metal. second album blows.

graveland

pick up celtic winter, carpathian wolves, thousand swords, and/or following the voice of blood. rest is boring imo, these albums are just amazing though. others will tell you otherwise but whether their later stuff sucks or not you should probably start here.

impaled nazarene - ugra karma

godly. first album is boring, albums after this one are boring.

abigor

i've said it once, i'll say it again, they fucking suck.

Second Antaeus album doesn't blow, but it's just not as great as cyfaws.

Post- Following The Voice Of Blood Graveland varies in quality from album to album, but some of them do suck. Thousand Swords and Following The Voice Of Blood are their strongest two.

I think the first Imp Naz is awesome.

I love Abigor's first 4 albums, but they never made any albums that would actually go under the category of awful.

February 20, 2005, 10:51:27 PM
Looking for opinions of:

Sigh
Skepticism
Windham Hell
Acid Death

February 21, 2005, 01:00:17 AM
Get Skepticism's "Stormcrowfleet" and Windham Hell's "Reflective Depths Imbibe" as soon as possible.

February 21, 2005, 02:05:56 PM
Sigh - Scorn Defeat, some of their other albums aren't bad either.

February 22, 2005, 05:41:26 PM
Sigh's 'Hail Horror Hail' is a fine album.Total prog and bizarre with it.  A love it or hate it kind of a listen.

February 24, 2005, 10:00:40 PM
How are the Morpheus Descends albums beyond "Horror Infinity"; worth a purchase?  

February 25, 2005, 06:29:33 PM
I forgot to mention that I'm also curious if Tormentor is worth looking into.

February 25, 2005, 08:22:50 PM
How are the Morpheus Descends albums beyond "Horror Infinity"; worth a purchase?  

I assume you mean beyond "Ritual of Infinity" and not beyond "The Horror of the Truth" which is their most recent recording.  (I also assume you juxtaposed the album names thanks to the MONSTROSITY song ;)).

Anyway, they are recommended if you happen across them. For the most part they are stylistically consistent and of similar quality.

February 25, 2005, 08:48:10 PM

"Anno Domini" is essential for historical importance, and it rules regardless.

February 25, 2005, 10:16:37 PM
Do you know if it is still in print?  

February 26, 2005, 12:26:19 AM

I assume you mean beyond "Ritual of Infinity" and not beyond "The Horror of the Truth" which is their most recent recording.  (I also assume you juxtaposed the album names thanks to the MONSTROSITY song ;)).

Anyway, they are recommended if you happen across them. For the most part they are stylistically consistent and of similar quality.

Holy shit you read by mind! Now that's a Freudian slip with metal written all over it. Thanks for the recomendation, and for deciphering my text! ;)

February 26, 2005, 12:24:48 PM
Wormed - Planisphaerum

I like this album quite a bit, but then again I'm also partial to Brodequin and Disgorge. Opinions?

edit:

Since I posted I might as well respond to the other statements. The second Antaeus album is repetative, totally unthematic, uninspired, and generally lacking in any... zest? Something like that. If they come out with something else I'll check it out but De Principii... was a dissapointment imo.

Tol Cormpt.. is just boring in the same way as The Oath Of Black Blood is, key word being "undeveloped".  They're not terrible but neither had as much direction as later albums from each band and for me they're just boring as fuck to listen to. Impaled Nazarene seemed to burn out in the creative department after Ugra Karma. Their third release is okay but I guess similar to Antaeus' second release.

February 26, 2005, 01:05:33 PM

Tormentor's "Anno Domini" is exactly what any long time fan of Bathory's first four albums wants. Attila's voice on these, Black Thrash, recordings beats anything he did afterward. In fact, it can be argued that Attila was, at base, a Black Thrash vocalist, and wasn't exactly Euronymous' best choice when looking for a replacement for Dead. (This may sound strange, but at the time Euronymous had been looking for a replacement vocalist, I just assumed he would ask Nocturnal Culto of Darkthrone. Certainly, Culto could have done a job more in line with Dead's croaking legacy). Tormentor is vicious, shredding Thrash ecstasy, and is the perfect addition to a collection of greats like the aforementione Bathory Classics, Sodom and Kreator's first five releases, and of course the Mayhem and  Aborym material.

February 26, 2005, 04:48:58 PM
a few questions.
it seems that here on anus, death is not looked upon to fondly, which hurts me seeing as I found them brilliant. secondly, I am not a fan of cannibal corpse, and something about them makes me feel as though their a fake death metal (or death grind band), but I was wondering if that was accurate.