Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Seeking opinions?

Annihilaytorr

Re: Seeking opinions?
February 26, 2005, 08:04:20 PM
Wormed - Planisphaerum

I like this album quite a bit, but then again I'm also partial to Brodequin and Disgorge. Opinions?

Despite the stolen Cryptopsy riffs, it is a good album in line with the other two you mentioned. It has a larger brain pan than any Brodequin recording but still falls well short of the highmark set by the most recent Disgorge.

Tormentor absolute 666.

February 27, 2005, 08:03:30 AM
a few questions.
it seems that here on anus, death is not looked upon to fondly, which hurts me seeing as I found them brilliant. secondly, I am not a fan of cannibal corpse, and something about them makes me feel as though their a fake death metal (or death grind band), but I was wondering if that was accurate.

I worship Death's first and last albums, and quite a bit of the material in between. Chuck waa a great player, he was simply wrong to have so often put down his past accomplishments.
Cannibal Corpse isn't my favorite, band...in fact, I dislike most of the Barnes stuff. But I respect their uncompromising stance very much. I really enjoyed "Blood Thirst", and think that George Fischer really adds alot to Corpse's songwriting and sound.
I would like to reiterate my admiration for Corpse sticking to their guns after over something like fifteen years, unlike most of the other classic Metal bands.

Annihilaytorr

February 27, 2005, 08:15:07 PM
That is a valid point, Corpse has been very consistant over the years. But that also is quite telling about the complexity of their music.

March 02, 2005, 09:09:54 PM
I just checked out Necrophobic and quite enjoyed the clip.  What are the recommended albums from this band?  I'm already pretty content on The Nocturnal Silence (which is what I heard the clip to) and I'm wondering if there are other albums from them worth obtaining.

March 03, 2005, 02:14:09 AM
I just checked out Necrophobic and quite enjoyed the clip.  What are the recommended albums from this band?  I'm already pretty content on The Nocturnal Silence (which is what I heard the clip to) and I'm wondering if there are other albums from them worth obtaining.

After "The Nocturnal Silence", they turned into gaythenburg; avoid.

March 09, 2005, 03:05:15 AM
How is Morgoth's "Pits of Utumno" demo?

March 15, 2005, 05:09:03 PM
How is Tenebrae In Perpertuum?

March 18, 2005, 03:17:25 AM
Opinion:

After 1993 for death metal, and after 1996 for black metal: there are probably five albums of each you should own, and the rest are mediocre.

E.g. don't waste your fucking time; listen to the older stuff, read a book and foment chaos.

March 18, 2005, 11:20:46 AM
Opinion:

After 1993 for death metal, and after 1996 for black metal: there are probably five albums of each you should own, and the rest are mediocre.

E.g. don't waste your fucking time; listen to the older stuff, read a book and foment chaos.

After 1996 there was Nemesis Divina, Creed of Iron, Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk, Panzer Division Marduk, Vobiscum Satanas,Of War and Elitism, Buchenwald Oven, Blizzard Beasts, and about three dozen very non-mediocre, borderline superlative Metal releases. Quite a bit of Darkthrone's stuff was mandatory after 1996, I doubt I have to list the individual songs that are Classic Standouts on the latter Darkthrone material.
Emperor's Equilibrium had a few really powerful songs, "Sworn" is an outright Power Classic. I'll bet many other posters here can come up with incredible examples to add to this woefully incomplete list.
After 1993 there was Black Force Domain, Deranged, Formulas Fatal To The Flesh, Sound of Perseverence, Coffin Text's mini-cd debut, Sarcophagus' output, Testament's The Gathering....I just can't  reccomend the "old" exclusively, there is so much good music out there; I'd feel irresponsible not to promote both post 1996 Black and 1993 Death. Take a good listen to some of the new, alot of people here would be surprised at how good Extreme Metal still is.

March 18, 2005, 06:43:33 PM
Deary me...

March 18, 2005, 06:57:17 PM
Deary me...

Deary somebody...or.... :P
ee-GAD! I've GOT it! Deary me DICK!!!Wheeee!!! 8)

March 19, 2005, 02:14:02 AM
apostate, your taste in music blows. unless you were kidding, in which case that isn't funny.

you know, the whole "post '95 ('93, '96, whatever) metal is worthless" schtick is getting old along with everyone fellating demelich every chance they get. they may not be well known to a very large crowd but everyone in this community always ranks them among the best, and rightly so, but it's stupid to talk about them like no one has ever heard of them when there are still a ton of highly underrated bands/albums that hardly anyone mentions.

you could say that most good extreme metal was released before the mid 90s but it's ridiculous to just ignore the great stuff that came out after just out of spite or something. some of the greatest albums i own came out around '95 and onwards. anyway here's an example for me that works: when someone asks me what kind of music i like and i answer them seriously they usually start talking about some shitty band that their friend likes or heard of or something that's vaguely related to distorted guitars, and even when i try to refer to some of the greatest artists i listen to often most or a lot of their discography is shit so i would just give the wrong impression. obviously this is not really how it should be if the genre was currently even mildly respectable, so in this case i would lean towards saying that, yeah sure, post mid '90s death/black metal sucks. but in a practical sense even though the "scene" is now a bunch of shitty clones of once great musicians, from a practical perspective there is a lot of great music that has been released since those dates and i hold it on the same level as the older material. plus there were shitty bands representing this music then and there are now. now there are just way more of them.

March 19, 2005, 03:39:18 AM
Astrofaes - Ancestor's Shadows
Blut Aus Nord - The Work Which Transforms God
Dark Tribe - In Jeraspunta...
Deathspell Omega - Si Monvmentvm Reqvires, Circvmspice
Galgeras - Uwer Ter Ere
Graveland - The Fire of Awakening
Nokturnal Mortum - NeChrist
Nortt - Gudsforladt
Sigrblot - Blodsband
Summoning - Let Mortal Heroes Sing Your Fame
Wolfnacht - Heidentum
Wyrd - Heathen

^ My favourite post-99 BM

Arghoslent Incorrigible Bigotry
The Chasm Conjuration of a Spectral Empire
The Chasm The Spell of Retribution
Deteriorot In Ancient Beliefs
Golem Dreamweaver
Immolation Close to a World Below
Immolation Unholy Cult
Khert-Neter Arrival of the Funeral Dogs
Mortal Decay Forensic
Serpens Aeon - Dawn of Kouatl
Vore Lord of Storms

^ My favourite post-99 DM

Not all innovative, not all generic either.

March 20, 2005, 01:16:30 PM
apostate, your taste in music blows. unless you were kidding, in which case that isn't funny.

That's your opinion. Big deal. I like what I like.I thought "Blizzard Beasts" and "Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk" were really good cds. Nemesis Divina is , again in my opinion, an absolute Black Metal Classic. And Kristallnacht's Of War and Elitism is one of the only worthy Black Metal releases to have come out of Western Europe in the past eight years. So I don't know exactly what the fuck you're talking about. You don't like Deranged? Graveland's Credd of Iron?Hmmm...perhaps I should illustrate what I feel are the best in Metal:
Bathory: Under the Sign of the Black Mark
Sodom: The first three releases.
Darkthrone: Under a Funeral Moon
Iron Maiden: Seventh Son of a Seventh Son
Exodus: Bonded By Blood
Emperor: In the Nightside Eclipse
Thorns: Demos
Spear of Longinus: Nazi Occult Metal demo
Celtic Frost: Morbid Tales
Graveland: Demos
Sarcofago: INRI
Satyricon: Nemesis Divina
Vulcano: Bloody Vengeance
SlaughterLord: All demos
Death: Especially the first three and Sound of Perseverence
Dark Angel: darkness Descends
Kreator: the first five releases.
Burzum: The first four.
Mayhem: Live in Leipzig
Gorgoroth: Pentagram
Mercyful Fate: Don't Break the Oath
Black Sabbath: The first six, Seventh Star, and everything with Dio
Judas Priest: The first three
ARE YOU TALKIN TO ME?: Vulgar Display of Power (fucking KILLS, and FUCK OFF all posers whom pretend to hat ehti s crushing album!)
Yngwie malmsteen: Marching Out
Those are just SOME of what I consider Metal Classics. At least I have the balls to post honestly what I like, whether they're not considered "kult"...who GIVES a fuck? Most fools that would claim how "poser" my list is probably owned at one time pretty much ALL the above cds.
Stop posing.
Everyone's different, and fuck the petty little "Kult" tyrants whom spend half their time on the Internet convincing THEMSELVES that something is good.
For the reality impaired, read especialy that last statement sloooowlllyyy. The ugly Truth.

Manowar: Triumph of Steel, Hail To England
Metallica: Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets
Slayer: Live Undead, Seasons in the Abyss
Morbid Angel: Abominations of Desolation, Formulas Fatal to the Flesh
Deicide: Self Titled
Testmanet: Firts two,

March 20, 2005, 06:55:25 PM
your reaction is stereotypical. all of a sudden when someone attacks your taste in music it's because they're too closed minded omgomgomg. i obviously don't care if the music i listen to is "kvlt" or not or i probably wouldn't have gone on a long discourse of the 80s pop i enjoy in another thread. i just think the metal you like sucks ass. either that or it falls into the huge genre/chasm of mediocremetal.

btw rip dime we will miss u lol