Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Seeking opinions?

Annihilaytorr

Re: Seeking opinions?
March 21, 2005, 06:25:57 AM
I think there are many more then five albums one can find from each genre past those years, but I agree that metal after those years has certainly declined.  As the well of good ideas runs dry, some existing ideas are developed further, while others are retold in a charming manner, but most in a reduntant or lackluster manner. Many are just plain beat into the ground.

March 21, 2005, 09:56:53 AM
your reaction is stereotypical. all of a sudden when someone attacks your taste in music it's because they're too closed minded omgomgomg. i obviously don't care if the music i listen to is "kvlt" or not or i probably wouldn't have gone on a long discourse of the 80s pop i enjoy in another thread. i just think the metal you like sucks ass. either that or it falls into the huge genre/chasm of mediocremetal.

btw rip dime we will miss u lol

I guess I'm kind of validated here by your unwillingness to specify which of the albums I listed above "sucks ass", perhaps that in-itself is telling.
I hold nothing against you, and don't think you are any more close minded than the majority of forum posters.
I DO support, respect, and agree 100% with your feelings on Dime, man. You rule for bringing that up here. Thanks.

March 21, 2005, 10:19:56 AM
I DO support, respect, and agree 100% with your feelings on Dime, man. You rule for bringing that up here. Thanks.

i was trying to make fun of you for mentioning pantera, who probably more than anyone in your post deserve the label "suck ass", but apparently it backfired. anyway i don't care anymore. your reaction just annoyed me, "omg im not afriad 2 listan 2 teh meatl datz not kvlt lol" and then you listed a bunch of albums. i could care less what terrible music you listen to, and i guess i expect to see that "stereotypical" response everywhere but here, which is about closed mindedness, i.e., "you're not open minded enough to listen to what you really like, you just go with the crowd and listen to what's 'kvlt' and 'tr00'". also insulting someone over the internet is the last thing i will ever take seriously, so relax.

March 21, 2005, 11:29:25 AM

i was trying to make fun of you for mentioning pantera, who probably more than anyone in your post deserve the label "suck ass", but apparently it backfired. anyway i don't care anymore. your reaction just annoyed me, "omg im not afriad 2 listan 2 teh meatl datz not kvlt lol" and then you listed a bunch of albums. i could care less what terrible music you listen to, and i guess i expect to see that "stereotypical" response everywhere but here, which is about closed mindedness, i.e., "you're not open minded enough to listen to what you really like, you just go with the crowd and listen to what's 'kvlt' and 'tr00'". also insulting someone over the internet is the last thing i will ever take seriously, so relax.

The last part you wrote, about being incapable of taking anything on an Internet forum seriously, elevates you way above the twelve year old fmp666 mentality. However, I NEVER attacked you for your tastes. I simply have a hard time understanding someone that didn't get off on the crushing aggression of "VUlgar Display of Power". But then, I can't understand either so many people's obsession with the imo horribly overrated older Sepultura, when to me it was obvious that the best Sarcofago, Vulcano, and Krisiun blows such SHIT away.
So, we're both opinionated. Again, Big Deal.
No disrepect intended.
'Scuse me, I'll just throw on Anno Domini and wail the fuck out.

Annihilaytorr

March 22, 2005, 03:02:33 AM
Seeking opinions -

Linkin Park
Nile
Ad Hominem
Papa Roach

March 22, 2005, 09:05:33 AM
Hmmmm.Papa Roach and Linkin Park= Just-got-done-wishing-I-could-suck-off-a-African-American-yesterdaybut-now-I-think-I'm-"metal" shit garbage.
Ad Hominem is pretty cool Black Metal. Nile is very fast with too low voals for me. That written, they are still very good death metal.
I got a reissue of Oppressor "Agony" yesterday, and it kills. Buy that before any of the above listed, or Pessismist.

March 22, 2005, 10:59:21 AM
i think we should return to the thread topic. if there's nothing to say on-topic, then simply remain silent. and Annihilaytor, please stop your trolling attempts.

March 22, 2005, 01:04:43 PM
i think we should return to the thread topic. if there's nothing to say on-topic, then simply remain silent. and Annihilaytor, please stop your trolling attempts.

What does that mean: trolling? Looking to pick a puerile fight on the Internet?

Here's an opinion I need: anyone familiar with Exhumer? I'm into super speedy black thrash with shreddy guitar solos.

March 22, 2005, 10:22:56 PM
Here's an opinion I need: anyone familiar with Exhumer? I'm into super speedy black thrash with shreddy guitar solos.

Are you into a style, or into musical quality?

Annihilaytorr

March 24, 2005, 01:37:21 AM

I see nothing wrong in trolling to stop a useless flame war.

March 24, 2005, 03:13:42 AM
"Right" and "wrong" don't exist.

My perception is that we can either try to have a forum that is not filled with shit, or we can give up.

I address this as much to those who reply to some of the truly abysmal cases we've seen show up here recently as to those who bicker offtopic in threads.

It's not my board - it's the community's board. Time to decide what you want: shithole or function?

March 24, 2005, 08:55:35 AM

Are you into a style, or into musical quality?

I guess I am "weird", I love sloppy musicianship (but featuring intense aggression and speed) like Endless Pain and Obsessed By Cruelty for Thrash just as much as I worship fantastic musicianship (see Testament's New Order and Metallica's Ride the Lightning).
So, in the case of Thrash, I worship insane, maniacal Speed just as much as musicianship. Either/Or/Both.
Anyone whom HASN'T checked out SlaughterLord is MISSING OUT on some of the most Classic Thrash.

March 24, 2005, 09:06:01 AM
"Right" and "wrong" don't exist.

My perception is that we can either try to have a forum that is not filled with shit, or we can give up.

I address this as much to those who reply to some of the truly abysmal cases we've seen show up here recently as to those who bicker offtopic in threads.

It's not my board - it's the community's board. Time to decide what you want: shithole or function?

You intimate a difference between useless and useful bickering. I think the admin DOES recognize that there is such a thing as stimulating bickering, as long as it remains above the useless "nyaa nyaa" tone."Useful" bickering tends to make a board stay active. I appreciate this particular forum because the moderators don't shut people down too readily. Otherwise, a forum turns into what Metal Maniacs is today: completely biased, Semite-sucking shit.
As to "abysmal cases", I don't see half as many here as I do on a little-kiddie-scared-his-mommy-will-catch-him-onthe-no-no-forum shitcamp like fmp666.
I respect the fact that the admin here tends to voice its concerns on the board rather than shutting people down, or popping up with crybaby PMs. But I think all posters here RETURN here because this forum is freer than nearly all the others. As much as I enjoy the Metal Mayhem Forum, I sometimes have to turn to this one if I feel I'm being a bit overly restrained.
That written, I must thank the Admin here for allowing me to post more of my Fascistic threads on this board...it just shows you people are open minded.
I was going to pm the admin about this, but felt I'd be just as open as they are, and put it out in the open here, instead.

Wolfbane

March 24, 2005, 05:06:37 PM
seeking opinions on 80s german speed metal such as Helloween and Running wild.

Please return this topic to recommending music not defending egos.

March 24, 2005, 06:37:25 PM
seeking opinions on 80s german speed metal such as Helloween and Running wild.

Please return this topic to recommending music not defending egos.

Running Wild had some cool early stuff, and Helloween is more like semi-okay Power Metal. Go buy the first album by Sabbat and forget that other stuff. Guaranteed you will like it better.