Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Seeking opinions?

Re: Seeking opinions?
March 30, 2005, 12:38:45 PM
actually out of absurds discography i really only find the facta loquuntur rerelease of any value. specifically the rerelease because of the bonus material. it adds a lot to the album imo.

I always thought the only good song by Absurd was the COVER of Pesttanz by Kristallnacht. I felt that their early stuff was some of the most overrated in the history of music. Strange "Punk-Metal", which rarely even sounded like the latter half of my designation. It astounds me how people still wanted to perform fellatio on them , after their bland, outrageously derivative full length.
Go check out the Det Hedenske/Abyssic Hate split instead.
I also felt Absurd should be the one covering Kristallnacht, not the other way around. Listen to "Of War and Elitism" again, Kameraden.

April 03, 2005, 12:48:27 AM

I lways thought the only good song by Absurd was the COVER of Pesttanz by Kristallnacht. i also felt Absurd should be the one covering Kristallnacht, not the other way around. Soin "Of War and Elitism" again, Kameraden.

Fuck Kristallnacht, you're an idiot.

April 03, 2005, 03:15:09 PM
Fuck Kristallnacht, you're an idiot.

Thanks for the articulate, mature post. I'll bet many listen to your detailed evaluations of bands in general. Yawn.

April 03, 2005, 06:15:53 PM
Opinion:

After 1993 for death metal, and after 1996 for black metal: there are probably five albums of each you should own, and the rest are mediocre.

E.g. don't waste your fucking time; listen to the older stuff, read a book and foment chaos.

Noteworthy latter-day black metal:

Averse Sefira
Hate Forest: channeling Pure Holocaust-era Immortal's  tonal atmospherics through the medium of Winter
Drudkh
Negura Bunget
Gontyna Kry (is this formation still active?)

April 04, 2005, 08:44:33 AM

Noteworthy latter-day black metal:

Averse Sefira
Hate Forest: channeling Pure Holocaust-era Immortal's  tonal atmospherics through the medium of Winter
Drudkh
Negura Bunget
Gontyna Kry (is this formation still active?)

Excellent listing, and I DO think Gontya... is still active. Not positive, I'll get back to you.

April 04, 2005, 04:04:54 PM
Two German groups known unto me only by name:

Caacrinolas
Professor

Raubritter

April 05, 2005, 08:42:01 AM
According to the Metal Archives Gontyna Kry will soon be releasing a CD entitled 'The Immortal Spirit of Barbarian Fury'.

April 05, 2005, 01:45:46 PM
According to the Metal Archives Gontyna Kry will soon be releasing a CD entitled 'The Immortal Spirit of Barbarian Fury'.

I am aware of this and have been for some time now. However I also seem to recall reading that the group had disbanded.

April 05, 2005, 04:10:47 PM
Make provisions for Slavophilia; from my perspective this nation holds great promise.

I have yet to obtain the most recent Perunwit release 'Wszystkie odcienie szarosci'. Is there any soul present that might advise me of its merits, in relation to earlier releases? (Nor have I beheld the 'Perkunu' albums).
In a similar vein is the music of Wojnar, whose instigator also contributes to the heathen volk group Piorun, who by their associations allow me to mention both the apparently not dissimilar Temnozor and the somewhat undefinable Mistigo Varggoth Darkestra; whose 'Midnight fulmoon' cassette is unexceptional amongst the seemingly vast 'Symphonic-ritual-shamanic-astral-trance-ambient etc.' genre, though if critics are to be believed, the second release 'Key to the gates of apocalypses' is a more accomplished creation.

To be prolongated further...

April 05, 2005, 04:41:15 PM
Behexen
Craft
Betrayer
Torture Squad

April 05, 2005, 05:48:23 PM
Mortal Sin

April 06, 2005, 07:53:15 PM
I like Behexen's first album, Rituale Satanum. The rest I've heard is garbage though, specifically the album after that. Craft's Total Soul Rape and Terror Propaganda are excellent imo. Both these bands just play killer Black Metal that reminds me of early Darkthrone/Throne Of Ahaz. They don't try to pretend they're anything other than that though, which is why I like them.

Drudkh, Hate Forest, Gontyna Kry, etc. are half assed Narrow Squirting Bowel Movement ripoffs who play boring music. If you think Craft and such bands are the same, I would agree that they're just taking a certain style and milking it but to me they don't pretend they're more than that. I'd rather listen to Burzum, Nokturnal Mortum, or even other new(er) bands like Ohtar or Lunar Aurora before I listened to these morons. They're all hype and no content.

Annihilaytorr

April 07, 2005, 01:00:26 AM
Hate Forest and Drudkh I found much more interesting then Behexen, who play faceless Black Metal not unlike 200 other bands.

Ophiolatry*

April 07, 2005, 02:29:01 AM
No entry found for Ophiolatory.

Did you mean Ophiolatry?
Suggestions:
Ophiolatry
Philatory
Ovulatory
Epilatory
Oscillatory
Ophiolite
Idiolatry
Filatory
Oblatory
Upholstery

No entry was found in the dictionary. Would you like to search the Web for Ophiolatory?

For better results, try our search tips.

did you mean upholstery?