Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Seeking opinions?

Re: Seeking opinions?
May 31, 2005, 05:44:48 AM

I came across a similar description from certain reviews and sources. Their later works apparently move towards creating a more melancholy sound but still bearing an unorthodox approach to doom metal.

Thanks  

(If anyone knows where i can hear samples of Unholy's early albums then it would be much appreciated)  

I've just found them shared on DC++.
so far they don't even come close to Thergothon or Skepticism. but perhaps i'm being unfair in comparison?

vocals are particularly irritating. (i'm sampling the second ring of power)

June 06, 2005, 02:17:43 AM
Winter.

June 06, 2005, 08:33:50 AM
Winter.

Rule.

June 06, 2005, 12:27:08 PM
Abruptum
Nuclear Death (US)

June 06, 2005, 01:09:24 PM
I would actually say that Isengard is disappointing in that it's so inconsistent. The album Hostmorke really has only two great tracks: Neslepaks and Thornspawn Chalice, whilst the rest sounds like it'd be better left unreleased; it's not horrible, just not ready.

In the song, Nestlepaks, the main melody sounds like a traditional melody I've heard somewhere. Or maybe Edvard Grieg penned it? Or maybe it was in a movie? At any rate,  I know I've heard it before, and not in a metal song or anything. Anyone know what it may be? If it's a specifically Norwegian folk melody, it's one that's spread beyond that country, because I know I've heard it before, and I live in the U.S.

June 06, 2005, 01:51:02 PM
Abruptum
Nuclear Death (US)

Abruptum: random noize excesses dressed up as profundity. We're all so mystified that we don't bother to listen to it.

Nuclear Death: the conclusion of extremity reached through death/thrash/grind. Makes a whole lot of bands redundant. Massive, though indeciferable, sounds.

June 06, 2005, 04:48:44 PM

I've just found them shared on DC++.
so far they don't even come close to Thergothon or Skepticism. but perhaps i'm being unfair in comparison?

vocals are particularly irritating. (i'm sampling the second ring of power)

No, you are not. At first I found them interesting, but it never grew into anything else. They basically have a uniqe sound - nothing more, nothing less.

Raubritter

June 07, 2005, 02:41:37 PM
Ceremonium ('No Longer Silent' in particular)
Abusiveness

June 07, 2005, 10:19:49 PM
Ceremonium ('No Longer Silent' in particular)

Ah, I shall now take this opportunity to listen to this delightful album again so that I can best convey it's nature: combining the most atmospheric elements of evocative death metal, melodic black metal, and an interactive variant of doom on multifarious levels, Ceremonium create a musical journey which enraptures the listener through mesmerizing discourse. Structurally unique, the skill at which this style is played is quite refreshing, and this band are one of few to have ventured into a realm of originality. Their majestic cover of "Cromlech," and the very fact that they have chosen to cover this particular song, elucidate their forthright and authentic attempt at creative artistic expression. In all honesty, this style of music is probably most akin to a progression of the death medal anticipated by pioneers Amorphis.

June 08, 2005, 02:14:12 AM
Better than "Into the Autumn Shade"?

June 08, 2005, 02:16:56 AM
I've just gotten both of them on DC++. they're fucking great. you can actually hear the bass guitar!

June 08, 2005, 02:50:22 AM
Better than "Into the Autumn Shade"?

I haven't heard it yet, unfortunately.  :(

June 15, 2005, 10:56:08 AM
Septic Flesh
Thou Art Lord

June 15, 2005, 11:12:59 AM
Abruptum
Nuclear Death (US)

I liked "Obscuritatem..." and the other one called..I probably bungled this title, sorry..."Militans..." or something. But definitely check out  "Obscuritatem.." really awful sounds from Hell. Not as structured as "Industrial" which makes it sound way more improvised and genuinely "kult" in my opinion.
Stay away from "Evil genius" most of it is just awfully boring Death Metal.

June 15, 2005, 03:00:57 PM
Looking for opinions on these bands:

Blessed in Sin: I have "Par Le Sang Du Christ" and find it to be an incredibly tedious listen - how are their other works?
Branikald
Evil (Bra)
Koldbrann
Nitberg
Seigneur Voland
Spear of Longinus
Thallium
Thesyre
Venedae