Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Seeking opinions?

Re: Seeking opinions?
June 27, 2005, 07:43:56 PM
Absu

(Opinions, and to those into them, which albums to start with?)

June 28, 2005, 05:16:08 AM
Ulver; I disregarded this band after hearing Nattens Madrigal quite a while ago, and have recently seem them fellated as THE best band around. Anyone here got anything to say about them?

DN

June 28, 2005, 11:13:50 AM
Absu

Thrashy black metal with some (occasionally annoying) folk aspects.

Overall, I enjoy Absu.  I'd recommend The Sun Of Tiphareth to start, followed by Tara.

June 28, 2005, 12:21:58 PM
Ulver; I disregarded this band after hearing Nattens Madrigal quite a while ago, and have recently seem them fellated as THE best band around. Anyone here got anything to say about them?

Certainly overrated and not particularly worthwhile, though not as horrible as, say, Arcturus.

June 28, 2005, 11:32:45 PM

"Fake black metal, but good rock music"

June 29, 2005, 10:27:13 PM

"Fake black metal, but good rock music"

how about the folk stuff?
actually how about folk generally? i want to find more folk.

June 30, 2005, 06:03:35 PM
Septic Flesh
Thou Art Lord

Anyone?

June 30, 2005, 07:21:18 PM
Early Septic Flesh are basically slightly doomy "melodic" death metal. Heavy metal-styled guitars and incidental keyboards are thrown about quite liberally. Borders on maudlin, surprisingly listenable, not essential by any stretch.

July 01, 2005, 12:06:50 AM
THOU ART LORD are very run-of-the-mill Greek style (with NECROMANTIA and ROTTING CHRIST members, no less), the first album being better than the second. I've no idea about the newer discs.  

July 02, 2005, 12:45:24 AM
kreator-pleasure to kill
leukorrhea-breeding salvation
disgorge
fecal corpse
slaughter house

July 02, 2005, 12:07:39 PM
Judas Priest - Painkiller

July 02, 2005, 05:02:13 PM
"Please To Kill" is Kreator's best album, so if you have any interest in the band, direct it towards this one, on which you'll find the solid hybrid of speed and death metal which was emerging at this time.

"Painkiller" is essentially Priest playing European-styled speed metal, while still retaining all the clichéd silliness you'd expect from heavy metal. Still, it's one of their better albums, even if irrelevant to metal by the time of its release.

July 02, 2005, 07:32:35 PM
Absu

I really like Absu. I'd say get Tara first, then if you like that get The Sun of Tiphareth, then if you're still hungry get The Third Storm of Cythraul. Those three albums are probably the only ones worth tracking down.  

July 02, 2005, 10:43:51 PM
How are Dismember's demos?  All I've heard is LAEFS, but the demos have been compiled onto a CD, which has me sort of interested...

July 03, 2005, 04:04:22 AM
I've read some fanatic reviews about Therion's Lemuria, did anybody bother to listen to it?