Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Seeking opinions?

Seeking opinions?
October 24, 2004, 11:56:13 PM
These threads seem to pop up all the time on the other forums, and it's a good idea.

Name bands you're seeking opinions on.

Re: Seeking opinions?
October 25, 2004, 02:15:41 AM
Bohren und der Club of Gore.

I read a description of thier music in a street magazine, and got one of their albums, "Gore Motel".
I think they're pretty amazing, but I've never heard anyone else's opinion.

October 25, 2004, 08:27:44 PM
I'd like to hear something on Nocturnity, I heard one song that sounded not so bad.

October 25, 2004, 08:32:56 PM
Nocternity***

October 25, 2004, 11:30:32 PM
Vinterriket too.

October 25, 2004, 11:38:15 PM
Godd'amnElf:  I put some stuff up on Nocternity in the news section if you want to check that out.  All I've managed to hear was a small clip I attached.  Some other people posted opinions on that thread as well and none of them were positive, but you can read them yourself to see.

Oh and you can edit your posts, so your mispealing of Nocternity can be fixed directly, you don't have to repost (just to let you know)

October 26, 2004, 07:06:18 PM
Vinterriket too.

Dullsville Burzumesque melancholic tedium. Overly digitised sounding synths at work in the ambient pieces.

October 27, 2004, 05:53:10 PM
I have Vinterrikets ...und die nacht kam shweren schrittes tape. No black metal at all, purely in the synth/dark ambient style of music.

IMO it is a highly effective ambient album, if you are in the right frame of mind the melodys on this tape can really take you away. Does anybody know any other works by Vinterriket to recommend? It seems impossible to keep up with all their releases (which are usually sold out in about 5 minutes..)

TZ

October 29, 2004, 09:14:35 AM
What is everyone's take on 'Absu'?
I quite like them, especially their imagery and mythology, from the Barathrum VITRIOL era.

October 29, 2004, 11:55:19 PM
I quite like them, especially their imagery and mythology, from the Barathrum VITRIOL era.

Absu is fantastic.  VITRIOL era is great and so is the new stuff like Tara.  Absu just kept getting faster and faster for better and worse (it really evens out).  I really like Tara a lot and the drumming is phenominal, these guys have one of the best grips on the metal style.  The spicing of Celtic mythology is wonderful and Proscripter really knows what he is talking about, he has a good grasp of Celtic history and mythology and his lyrics on the subject are top notch.  Absu is an extremely solid band that is in my top 25 (probably not my top 10 though).

October 30, 2004, 12:01:42 AM
Does anyone have any knowledge on the following bands:
  • Frozen Shadows
  • Soercier Des Glaces
  • Sammath
  • Necromentia

I do know of Necromentia fairly well but I was wondering what would be some recommended albums to start out with as I don't have anything by them.  The other bands I have read about in the anus reviews and I have heard some clips but I was looking for more information on them to see if anybody had thoughts and recommendations about those ones.  Thanks.

October 30, 2004, 12:49:23 AM
  • Soercier Des Glaces

A relatively good band, but to my knowledge, "Snowland" is their sole release. The Swiss band Paysage d'Hiver treads some of the same ground as Sorcier des Glaces, but in a more complex and well-structured manner.

TZ

October 30, 2004, 01:25:34 AM
Sorcier des Glaces is great.
Snowland is a solid release, not the best ever but a good release nonetheless. I really like his sound. It is very hard edged in parts adding extreme tension then juxtaposing it with soaring melodic lines to create a brilliant soundscape.

November 02, 2004, 04:58:12 PM

Good solid black/thrash

November 02, 2004, 05:00:00 PM
  • Necromentia

I'm assuming you mean NecromAntia from Greece. If that's the band you're referring to they are unique and excellent black metal. They only use electric guitars for solos and the bass guitars(one 4-string and one 8-string) are the dominant instruments. I'd recommend all their material but Scarlet Evil Witching Black is my favorite.