Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Seeking opinions?

Re: Seeking opinions?
July 06, 2005, 12:31:17 AM
How are Dismember's demos?  All I've heard is LAEFS, but the demos have been compiled onto a CD, which has me sort of interested...

http://www.hessian.org/sites/gaychristrecords/

July 08, 2005, 06:20:00 AM
I seek opinions on other early Finnish black metal bands besides Beherit and Impaled Nazarene. How is Archgoat, Black Crucifixion, or other bands I haven't seen mentioned? I have only heard Beherit and IN, and I'd like to know if anything else is good.

July 08, 2005, 04:07:37 PM
Impaled Nazarene
Archgoat
Black Crucifixion
Countess
Barathrum

Forgettable.

The best Finnish metal got was the first albums from Amorphis, Demigod, Adramelech and second album from Sentenced. The rest is shit, except Beherit, which is really death metal if you ask me!

July 08, 2005, 04:08:49 PM
Every metal board has a thread like this, and they're for wankers.

July 08, 2005, 04:33:37 PM

http://www.hessian.org/sites/gaychristrecords/

Is the letter afterwards a rating or "grade" for the demo?

July 08, 2005, 06:34:20 PM
A loose grading for sound quality.

I was pointing to it in case you would like to hear comparable recordings without having to pay, which of course is somewhat moot now that anyone can copy the "official" release.  

July 08, 2005, 06:35:43 PM
COUNTESS is Dutch.

March 09, 2011, 01:42:54 PM
Hails to all! Check out a new effort for Black Metal
www.orthodoxblackmetal.co.cc

March 10, 2011, 08:08:28 AM

The best Finnish metal got was the first albums from Amorphis, Demigod, Adramelech and second album from Sentenced. The rest is shit, except Beherit, which is really death metal if you ask me!

I don't really like Adramelech, except for perhaps the first album. The newer stuff sounds too 'mechanical' and 'inorganic' to my ears. I think this has as much to do with the composition as the production, but I could be wrong.

I highly recommend Rippikoulu. Probably an ample recommendation with people "raving" about the new Blaspherian.

November 28, 2012, 04:02:10 PM
Incantation "Vanquish in Vengeance" -- have any of you had the chance to meditate on this?  How would you rate it on a scale where "Onward to Golgotha" is 10?

November 28, 2012, 04:49:57 PM
Comparison to Onward To Golgotha is just downright unfair. But it's not really far from Diabolical Conquest...aka a fun listen at times but nothing more really.

December 03, 2012, 07:12:46 AM
Comparison to Onward To Golgotha is just downright unfair. But it's not really far from Diabolical Conquest...aka a fun listen at times but nothing more really.

Putting Diabolical Conquest down to that level is also unfair. It's a stellar album - an A if OTG is an A+ (which it is, duh).

I'll have to hear this new Incantation album, I didn't even know they were putting one out. That "Scapegoat" EP they put out in 2010 was pretty good, here's hoping this new one has some of that same 'oomph'.