Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Seeking opinions?

Death

Re: Seeking opinions?
January 16, 2005, 01:27:26 PM
Purtenance
Decameron
Lemming Project
Mortal Decay
Acerbus

Wolfbane

January 16, 2005, 01:51:59 PM
secrets of the Moon
angantyr
Nokturnal Mortum
I've heard these bands before(and really like NM) but I would like to know the consensus.

January 16, 2005, 07:38:25 PM
secrets of the Moon
angantyr
Nokturnal Mortum
I've heard these bands before(and really like NM) but I would like to know the consensus.

Angantyr- "Sejr" is meh; it seems vaguely like a less ambitious version of Sorcier Des Glaces.

Norktrnal Mortum is stupidly overrated.  Nechrist's "folk elements" aren't really a part of the music, but rather the good old "well, now we've got to do the folk thing so that people will think that we're special".  Lunar Poetry was just gay.

January 20, 2005, 06:17:20 PM
Candlemass

January 21, 2005, 04:53:34 AM
agantyr is okay from what i've heard of them.

secrets of the moon is good, i've liked what i've heard.

nokturnal mortum is excellent, i like practically all of their output. some of their stuff is just incredible, and lunar poetry through the taste of victory are practically flawless.

January 21, 2005, 11:33:27 AM
Decameron are above average for Gothenburg but retain some cheese, Lemming Project rule, Purtenance are good, Mortal Decay are one of very very few good bands on Unique Leader, Angantyr aren't bad, Nokturnal Mortum have two excellent albums (Goat Horns and NeChrist), Candlemass are enjoyable (particularly Epicus...).

January 21, 2005, 03:46:50 PM
Ah!!!!

Someone mentioned Mortal Decay. They are easily my favorite band ever. Try to get your hands on Sickening Erotic Fanaticism, and the more recent album is easier to get since it was released on Unique Leader. Also you can get the self released demo compilation called A Gathering Of Human Artifacts from the band.

Their first full length is amazing though. These guys are just the best...

Hyllvlug

January 21, 2005, 05:02:22 PM
[nor] Helheim (Bergen) - Jormundgand & Av Norron Aett

Pagan metal in the old vein (folk/black for some). On the latter albums 'Blod og Ild' and 'Yersinia Pestis' they changed style to a more filled and polished sound, introducing electronic elements (especially on the last) and so leaving pagan metal. But their first two are definitely worth to check out, n' also very original. n' you'll like them if you also liked Graveland, early Burzum, In the Woods' - ...Heart of the Ages, early Enslaved, early Satyricon and in this vein you may also want to check the below:

[dk] Angantyr - Kampen Fortsaetter & Sejr
[swe] Sigrblot - Blodsband
[nor] Hades (Bergen)  [now Hades Almighty] - all

Wolfbane

January 21, 2005, 07:50:33 PM
alright I might sound like a dumbass for putting these bands up but what the hell:
Watain
Diabolicum
Newer Enslaved
Borknager

January 23, 2005, 10:29:10 AM
Watain are....alright...uber-overrated though. Avoid new Enslaved and Borknagar like the Jerry Springer show.

Annihilaytorr

January 23, 2005, 03:31:19 PM
When ever anyone challenges the premise that Western Society is nearing complete collapse, all one needs to counter with is a clip of the Springer show or any other daytime network TV show.

January 23, 2005, 03:48:39 PM
Watain

Watain are good.  Not the "OMFG, SAVIORS OF BM!" like they're made out to be, but good.

Newer Enslaved, on the other hand... no thanks.

January 24, 2005, 01:11:52 AM
Horna
Revenge
Nastrond
Krohm
Abazagorath

Hyllvlug

January 24, 2005, 11:00:29 AM
Krohm are good for insomnia

January 27, 2005, 04:02:08 AM
anyway, i'm still waiting on opinions on lunar aurora and seance.

From Lunar Aurora, I've heard the split with Paysage d'Hiver.  Quite overrated; occasionally they hit a decent riff, but as a whole it's quite boring with plenty of sentimental passages.  Avoid.

Seance, at least Saltrubbed Eyes (I haven't heard the other), is quite cool.  Brutal DM with many of those Finnish progressive tendencies. Reccomended.