Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Seeking opinions?

Re: Seeking opinions?
January 27, 2005, 04:05:22 PM
From Lunar Aurora, I've heard the split with Paysage d'Hiver.  Quite overrated; occasionally they hit a decent riff, but as a whole it's quite boring with plenty of sentimental passages.  Avoid.

Listening to their first album, "Weltenganger", it's apparent that they were once a MUCH better band.  I'd definitely reccomend this album.  Sort of reminds me of Sacramentum, very good.

January 28, 2005, 05:09:32 PM
Anyone heard the new Mutiilation album?

January 29, 2005, 10:08:20 PM
Limbonic Art
Nifelhelm

Limbonic Art's - Moon in the Scorpio their first n' best album.  In my opinion, damn good, hymn to night. It can be wrapped with the blasphemous word: "a beauty". It uses keyboards but they're killed mercilessly by the frozen black/pagan metal sound.

But as much as I liked this first one, they sound pretty generic on their other works, unluckily from their immediate second album. Careful not to download or not to get the remastered version that comes with the more recent 4cd pack (marketing shit). They've modified it badly, changed the tracklist n' sound like frozen farts. (I suppose frozen farts should sound like that)

... Deathspell Omega, though I suggest giving their new one a listen if you haven't already, it's quite different and superior to anything else they've done.

I agree on this. Si Monvmentvm Reqvires Circvmspice sounds indeed very interesting. No relation to their previous works, like they're some other band or sth. n' for the better. (They got some church chants somewhere inthere too. - just a note).
shnet

January 29, 2005, 10:31:18 PM
Faustcoven
Thy Primordial
shnet

January 30, 2005, 06:44:25 PM
Benighted (the DM band, not BM)
Bloodbath
Blood Red Throne
Dornenreich
Funeral Mist
Nocte Obducta
Pest (Ger)
Shining
Mirrorthrone
Thy Primordial
Unmoored

Thanks in advance.

Annihilaytorr

January 31, 2005, 02:16:34 AM
Bloodbath and Blood Red Throne were some of the bands I was listening too when I first got into metal. The mentality in the circle I was around was that certain popular bands like Deicide sucked because they were trendy and therefore decent underground copies were substituted.  Though I doubt any of those kids had heard of Carnage or Dismember before.

Bloodbath is textbook Stockholm DM. Nothing thats not been done before and better. Avoid.  Blood Red Throne are a bit better but still offer nothing any number of other genres have not packaged better.

January 31, 2005, 08:23:01 PM
I like latest Bloodbath "Nightmares Made Flesh"

Peter Tägtgren - lead vocals
Anders "Blakkheim" Nyström - guitars
Dan Swanö - guitars
Jonas Renkse - bass
Martin “Axe” Axenrot - drums
shnet

Wolfbane

January 31, 2005, 11:51:20 PM
German thrash besides big three(destruction, kreator, sodom)? Also recommended albums for destruction and sodom?

February 01, 2005, 03:50:52 AM
German thrash besides big three(destruction, kreator, sodom)? Also recommended albums for destruction and sodom?

Sodom - Persecution Mania

I do not recommend Kreator, and can only halfway recommend Destruction.

I would also seek Atrocity and Blood, however.

February 02, 2005, 12:15:29 AM

I second the Persecution Mania suggestion for Sodom and also recommend their live album Mortal Way of Live which is one of the best live albums I've heard along with Morbid Angels Entangled in Chaos.  I don't think you can go wrong with any Sodom releases up until Agent Orange.  I admit to not really hearing any Sodom albums past that point.

As for Destruction I'd say their first four which are Sentence of Death, Infernal Overkill, Eternal Devastation and Mad Butcher.  Those are all great albums.  I haven't heard Release From Agony (their 5th) but I've heard it was another soild album.
"...there's too much of an emphasis on [music] as entertainment.  It should be a necessary part of the culture.  It should be part of communication, for education, therapy, for meditation." -B. Perry

February 02, 2005, 12:23:07 AM
Is there any Unleashed album after Where No Life Dwells that's worth aquiring?  I haven't heard anything beyond that album but I have heard the following two albums sound very familiar to Where No Life Dwells.  I know for a fact that the new albums are horrible, which is why I am wondering if there are any other Unleashed albums of worth besides their first.
"...there's too much of an emphasis on [music] as entertainment.  It should be a necessary part of the culture.  It should be part of communication, for education, therapy, for meditation." -B. Perry

February 02, 2005, 10:37:02 AM
Is there any Unleashed album after Where No Life Dwells that's worth aquiring?  I haven't heard anything beyond that album but I have heard the following two albums sound very familiar to Where No Life Dwells.  I know for a fact that the new albums are horrible, which is why I am wondering if there are any other Unleashed albums of worth besides their first.

Shadows from the Deep and stop there.
Their demos are also worth hearing as they sound much darker and more brooding than any of the album material.  

February 02, 2005, 08:16:02 PM

Shadows from the Deep and stop there.
Their demos are also worth hearing as they sound much darker and more brooding than any of the album material.  

You didn't like "Across The Open Sea"? I thought that was their last good one.  As for the demos, if you have the reissue of "Where No Life Dwells" you should have the bulk of them on there. In any case, get the reissue which contains both their second and third full-length albums together.
"Art remains in the artist and is the knowledge by which things are made. What is made according to the art is correct; what one makes as one likes may very well be awkward. We must not confuse taste with judgment, or loveliness with beauty, for as Augustine says, some people like deformities." -- A.K. Coomaraswamy

February 02, 2005, 08:45:04 PM

You didn't like "Across The Open Sea"? I thought that was their last good one.  As for the demos, if you have the reissue of "Where No Life Dwells" you should have the bulk of them on there. In any case, get the reissue which contains both their second and third full-length albums together.

To be totally honest I've never heard "Across the Open Sea."  :-[  My recommendation was based on what I have heard plus the fact that I never see overt praise for that disc.  Since they are together are on the 2-on-1 I guess it doesn't matter ultimately if it is recommended or not  ;D

February 03, 2005, 05:42:55 PM
Watain are good.  Not the "OMFG, SAVIORS OF BM!" like they're made out to be, but good.

Newer Enslaved, on the other hand... no thanks.

Watain is an obvious copy of Dissection. Proving the complete demise of Dissection's integrity, they were especially invited to support them on their recent tour. How fucking quaint.

Newer Enslaved? A turn off for anyone unable to deal with non-Metal influence in their Metal but a plus for anyone who loves their prog. Shit? I don't think so....