Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Seeking opinions?

Annihilaytorr

Re: Seeking opinions?
February 14, 2005, 04:32:49 PM
all those bands I already listed and Sargeist.

February 14, 2005, 04:39:20 PM
antaeus
abruptum

Antaeus is great, go for cyfaws before their second, but their second isn't bad at all.

Abruptum is awful.

February 16, 2005, 12:39:13 AM
abruptum is.... interesting..

February 16, 2005, 12:53:53 PM
I'll go with 'awful'.

February 18, 2005, 01:08:05 AM
Revenge
Sunwheel
Taake

Annihilaytorr

February 18, 2005, 04:52:46 AM
Lucifugum

February 18, 2005, 06:40:55 AM
Mekong Delta

Angel Dust

Holy Moses

Ibex Throne

Cult of Daath

Vectom

February 18, 2005, 11:28:45 AM
Revenge

It's entirely my opinion, but Revenge is a bunch of drunken fools (one is the otherwise excellent Pete H. from Angel Corpse i believe) showing how to completely disregard any musical training they've had, and moronically playing as fast and as disorganized as they can. Reminds me of what little 10 year olds come up with when they listen to "Welcome to Hell" and pick up their instruments for the first time. Pretty wretched, stupid shit, the kind that drives people interested in Metal away in droves. Go grab ANYthing by Dio, Mercyful Fate, or Darkthrone instead.

February 18, 2005, 04:21:51 PM
Revenge
Taake

revenge - incessant blast beat driven misantropikk nonsense.
taake - cheesy; rocky black metal mixed with overdone norse folk elements.

February 18, 2005, 07:29:58 PM
revenge - incessant blast beat driven misantropikk nonsense.

I concur.  Revenge is also amusing to see live.  Their drummer can't play for shit and misses beats.  I think it's because he sets himself up in the front so he can bash the drum kit and thrash around.  He flops around a lot when he pounds his drum kit and I thought he was going to fall off his stool.  It was also to funny to see the bald members wearing sun glasses and constantly rotating their heads in a slow clockwise direction as if streching their neck before a fight.  If my memory serves me correctly they made overuse of sliding up and down the strings with the pic.

February 18, 2005, 07:31:51 PM
Angel Dust

Heard somthing off a newer album and remember not being overly impressed.

February 18, 2005, 07:42:37 PM
Let's go with:

-Master

-Holenthon

-Graveland (heard them many times, but I'm wondering what releases are good to start with.  Some of the older material I thought wasn't accomplished musically, but some newer stuff is awesome.)

-Lord Wind

-Impaled Nazerine

-Ice Ages

-Abigor

Finally, any recommendations for a good Berhit album to pick up.  I've heard the old material but I've been interested in how Electric Doom Synthesis sounds.

February 19, 2005, 12:12:36 AM
monstrosity - millenium

great old school sounding technical death metal, like earlier martyr, etc. later stuff sucks imo, cheesy melodic lines which keep you interested for a few minutes, like slaughter of the soul, covenant.

antaeus - cut your flesh and worship satan

fun kvlt blasting black metal. second album blows.

moonblood

i like their full lengths. not amazing.

graveland

pick up celtic winter, carpathian wolves, thousand swords, and/or following the voice of blood. rest is boring imo, these albums are just amazing though. others will tell you otherwise but whether their later stuff sucks or not you should probably start here.

impaled nazarene - ugra karma

godly. first album is boring, albums after this one are boring.

abigor

i've said it once, i'll say it again, they fucking suck.

February 19, 2005, 12:34:04 AM
Let's go with:

-Master

-Holenthon

-Graveland (heard them many times, but I'm wondering what releases are good to start with.  Some of the older material I thought wasn't accomplished musically, but some newer stuff is awesome.)

-Lord Wind

-Impaled Nazerine

-Ice Ages

-Abigor

Finally, any recommendations for a good Berhit album to pick up.  I've heard the old material but I've been interested in how Electric Doom Synthesis sounds.

Master - Get the s/t, very influential early DM band.

Graveland - "Thousand Swords" is easily their best work - one of the best 4 or 5 metal albums ever, but Carpathian Wolves, Following the Voice of Blood and The Fire of Awakening are also very much worthwhile. "The Celtic Winter" is overrated.

Lord Wind - Get "Forgotten Songs", often described as a non-metal "Thousand Swords".

Abigor - "Nachthymnen" is probably their best stuff if you can get past the gay female vocals in places, for fans of Lugburz-era Summoning and Immortal.

Wolfbane

February 19, 2005, 01:34:03 AM
On The Celtic Winter, it's actually a really good album. It just dosn't seem like a graveland album in terms of lyrics(medieval horror) or sound(goes for a gothic atmosphere). It's still an awesome album but Thousand Swords is probably thier best work and what should come to mind when you think of Graveland.

Now I know this one band is going to be thrown around and beaten with a stick but I still wanna know why exactly thier a terrible band:

Nargaroth