Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Hurricane music

Hurricane music
September 22, 2005, 01:46:55 PM
Rita's about to hit, and I need something I can hear over the roar of the generator. Any suggestions? First person to mention Scorpions gets enlisted forcibly in British navy.

Re: Hurricane music
September 22, 2005, 06:07:51 PM
I don't get the Scorpions reference.   ::)
Generator, eh? Try listening to music that complements the mechanical churning...industrial!

TC

September 22, 2005, 06:26:11 PM
yeah, definately godflesh, dissecting table, early pitchshifter, shit like that.  i could go on, but more days to come, new places to go - i've got to leave, it's time for a show...

good luck SRP.  post back to let us know you live.

September 22, 2005, 07:15:41 PM
What was it like having hundreds of thousands of underclass negroes thrust into your region in a week?

September 22, 2005, 08:44:41 PM
I honestly cannot think of any better album than Immortal's Pure Holocaust. The whole album sounds like a destructive force of nature. I'm sure you thought of this though...

Edit: Nevermind, Altars of Madness is an unrelenting album made by people whose life-experience no doubt includes hurricanes.

September 22, 2005, 08:59:56 PM
I don't get the Scorpions reference.   ::)

"Rocked You Like a Hurricane"

Anyways, I'd agree with the Pure Holocaust reccomendation.  Also, "Close to a World Below" or "Failures for Gods" would work, or perhaps the first Watain album.

September 22, 2005, 09:35:51 PM
Make sure you're well-versed in generators, tons of people die via carbon monoxide.  

I've been through a shitload of hurricanes and early Ministry seems to work, as does Killing Joke.

Harris county is looking at a new district and ward with all those "refugees". Should be fun....

September 22, 2005, 09:54:06 PM
Immortal is a good idea! How about some empowering death metal, like Deeds of Flesh? Then you can stand in the doorway and pretend you are summoning the storms.  (Although, The Scorpions seem to have the same effect as well! haha)  8)

GS

September 22, 2005, 11:49:31 PM
Merzbow, "Trees of Kusukusu"

September 23, 2005, 02:03:50 AM
Hell Awaits.  ...Oh come on!  That's, that's kind of clever...well, at least I thought it was.

September 23, 2005, 04:16:33 AM
as long as its loud enough to drown out the generater i would listen to about anything
My entire life has sucked

September 23, 2005, 12:32:45 PM
"New World" Symphony. Dvorak. Suppose you'd need extra amage for such music however.
Conflagrations

Au milieu de l'hiver, j'ai découvert en moi un invincible été.

September 24, 2005, 02:08:43 AM
how bout some trivium

how bout a game of "ban the African-American"

September 24, 2005, 04:33:21 AM
NEPTUNE TOWERS

September 26, 2005, 09:38:38 AM
Angelcorpse "Stormgods Unbound"