Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Stop useless behavior

Stop useless behavior
October 14, 2008, 04:14:37 AM
Listen.  If you don't like the way discussions work in your class add your two cents and take it upon YOURSELF to steer the discussion in different ways.  Raise your fucking hand and speak up.

I agree.

There are a lot of queeny, bitchy, narcissistic, solipsistic, self-pleasing quasi-hipster behaviors going on here.

It helps nothing and destroys the forum.

Re: Stop useless behavior
October 14, 2008, 05:49:30 AM
what needs to be done is to find the trolls and instigators and have them either banned or warned.

lately threads have been getting to the point where it is about 1 page of good discussion followed by 3 pages of back and forth insults.

October 14, 2008, 05:50:47 AM
There are a lot of queeny, bitchy, narcissistic, solipsistic, self-pleasing quasi-hipster behaviors going on here.

It helps nothing and destroys the forum.

If there was a God, his message to mankind would probably be something along those lines!

October 14, 2008, 06:22:54 AM
what needs to be done is to find the trolls and instigators and have them either banned or warned.

lately threads have been getting to the point where it is about 1 page of good discussion followed by 3 pages of back and forth insults.

If anything this site seems to have improved dramatically in the two or so years I have been a member here.

October 14, 2008, 03:36:04 PM
If anything this site seems to have improved dramatically in the two or so years I have been a member here.

if this is an improvement i wouldnt want to see what was improved upon.

October 14, 2008, 04:54:06 PM
If you have issues with people, resort to private messaging. That's what I typically do, if you can't ignore the bullshit.

If you believe it is a pertinent issue, make a thread about it, and don't go off topic.

I'm fairly certain this has been brought up multiple times before.

October 14, 2008, 05:37:50 PM
It seemed the mods used to go round with more of an iron fist; correct me if I am wrong.

October 14, 2008, 06:05:33 PM
Clearly.

This place used to be better, but then there was more tolerance.

However, when there's too much tolerance, some people start acting self-congratulatory...

The fact that most of them are 15-21 means they've got a lot of growing up ahead, so there's no point banning.

Basically, this place is perpetual daycare -in part- and so all of us do their best to tolerate this.

I wish the admins were a little more fascist, but I am not volunteering. What a grim job.