Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Relativity

Re: Relativity
January 15, 2008, 11:46:34 PM
You can be a smart politically active strong socialized person but if your DNA dies with you, than you are an even bigger waste than if you were a Joe-Nobody with worthless genes.

Conversely, if you don't get politically active, your offspring are going to suffer under a society run by dumbasses.

Got a solution there? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Divus_de_Mortuus

January 16, 2008, 01:52:16 AM
As a positive example of how to act, Onan, please tell us the real world political activism you engage in!

January 18, 2008, 03:01:58 AM
As a positive example of how to act, Onan, please tell us the real world political activism you engage in!

I put in over fifteen hours a week for Corrupt and ANUS, which I consider the most realistic shot at activism out there. It's a whole philosophy.

I am also active locally with a naturalist charity of my choice.

And what do you do, again? You dodged the question because... because you don't have an answer.

I'm not sure what people like you offer this site. Care to enlighten me?

shadowmystic

January 18, 2008, 05:53:49 AM

Congratulations. You follow a website like a Christian does a bible.

What exactly are you saying here?  That dedication to any cause is pointless.  Some people here are actually trying to make changes in the world, rather than just throwing insults around on internet forums.  Obviously you have no understanding of the nihilism that this site promotes, if you did you would realise that no one here is against taking action for a cause, your life, however is meaningless, you see no meaning in any type of action.  This self obsessed individualistic philosophy is exactly what we are trying to stop.  The amusing thing is that you don't realise that your ego worship is alot closer to the average world-denying churchgoer than anyone here promoting a realistic philosophy.

January 18, 2008, 10:06:56 AM
Not everyone here is nihilist, this is a metal forum not a nihilism forum where people talk about heavy metal bands fronted by Christians such as Slayer. People seem to forget this. Metal is art. It is separate to the ideologies of those behind it.

shadowmystic

January 18, 2008, 11:48:52 PM
Based on Again's comment I'd assume he is a passive nihilist, or fatalist.  

January 18, 2008, 11:51:59 PM
Based on Again's comment I'd assume he is a passive nihilist, or fatalist.  

Don't mind him, he is a once-banished-now-bitter annoyance.  Carry on.

January 19, 2008, 05:01:23 AM
Not everyone here is nihilist, this is a metal forum not a nihilism forum where people talk about heavy metal bands fronted by Christians such as Slayer. People seem to forget this. Metal is art. It is separate to the ideologies of those behind it.

ANUS means American nihilist underground society, thus implying that patrons to this site enjoy metal and are themselves nihilists or follow comparable paths like cynicism and stoicism rather then simply the former.

January 19, 2008, 12:22:01 PM

ANUS means American nihilist underground society, thus implying that patrons to this site enjoy metal and are themselves nihilists or follow comparable paths like cynicism and stoicism rather then simply the former.

That implies the site stands with nihilism, nothing more.  The user base here can speak for itself.

People here follow cynicism and stoicism?  Where are you getting these ideas?

January 19, 2008, 01:07:44 PM
I think, to scale stuff back to reality:

This is a forum. Anyone can come in here and post. We accept all opinions. We do not accept unproductive behavior. That includes being a contrarian, and making endless statements about how the site is wrong, etc. A smart person writes all their reasons down, and invites comment, and we don't have a problem with that. Replying to every thread with your personal beef against ANUS is pointless and annoying and disrupts anything we could do here. It falls into the same category as spam or moronic behavior.

This site is nihilist.

Within this site, there's the metal site -- the oldest part of it, with web presence dating back to 1992 and FTP/BBS presence going back to 1988. The metal site upholds the idea that metal is a Romanticist genre pursuing the beliefs of that ethos, including vir, heroism, unitivism, etc.

We have interpreted metal as nihilists... this should be obvious. If you are a nihilist, you interpret everything as a nihilist.

We don't expect people to come here because they agree with us. We expect them to come here because they like metal. If they're serious about that, and are the kind of playful but competent people who get anything done in this world, they'll also want to help keep the classic underground metal spirit alive and promote our ideas.

We are the one alternative to the mindless horde. Sad it's the case, but this is not a popular opinion. However, popular opinions lead to ruin, so if you believe in this genre and enjoy it, you won't seek those.

This forum is not for everyone. Chasm is here for people to learn from the experience of others. At some point, we might set up a populist metal forum for the sake of promoting metal as a whole, with a space within it for the glorification of its best.

For now, however, we shouldn't get involved in self-important pompous inter-personal struggles. There's a world to conquer instead.

January 19, 2008, 08:18:03 PM

That implies the site stands with nihilism, nothing more.  The user base here can speak for itself.

People here follow cynicism and stoicism?  Where are you getting these ideas?

Since I (falsely) assumed that the vast majority of attendants to this site are nihilists I also (again falsely) assumed that the few who did not use the term themselves could be categorized within schools of philosophy that whose style of train of thought is present within nihilism.

January 23, 2008, 01:32:26 AM
Since I (falsely) assumed that the vast majority of attendants to this site are nihilists

Many people are trying to become nihilists, or think they are nihilists, but they're looking for something else or think being a nihilist will make them cool.

This is a place for people to learn. That's why our infoterror team are such total assholes to anyone acting emo, Republican, or like a banker.

Septicemia

October 19, 2008, 01:42:11 PM
bump