Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Lugubrum - Winterstones

Lugubrum - Winterstones
October 16, 2008, 11:26:03 PM
Enjoying this album quite a bit, it's extremely underrated and I'm surprised it's never been mentioned here or on the Archives. One of the few times the "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" style of BM has been done right. It isn't that similar really, but it's the only accurate reference point I can think of.

Re: Lugubrum - Winterstones
October 20, 2008, 12:50:24 AM
Just listened to it yesterday.  Definetely second-tier after the classics, but still worthwhile and underappreciated to be sure.  Like you say, HLTO crossed with the "normal" norse black metal style, with some attention grabbing, intelligent progressions is what you'll find here.  Nothing groundbreaking, and my attention wandered by the end, but still overall a good experience.  The later "progression" of the band, as well as the goofy song titles on this release are disconcerting though...

October 20, 2008, 09:09:26 PM
One possible head-line for Lugubrum on Dark Legions Archives: Emancypationist Abolitionistic Democratic Black Metal With A Humanistic Stance.

October 22, 2008, 11:56:20 PM
Second-tier maybe, but I don't really see the "humor" in this album(although I checked out their later work and I do see it there). What about the song titles is supposed to be amusing? Do they mean something silly in Flemish?

October 25, 2008, 02:56:16 AM
Been checking emule but cant find this album. Where can I get hold of this album from? Ive never had luck finding any album that isnt already in emule on the web.

October 25, 2008, 03:41:18 AM
Been checking emule but cant find this album. Where can I get hold of this album from? Ive never had luck finding any album that isnt already in emule on the web.
It's on the audiofile.

I like that album quite a bit, of particular interest is how some of his riffs are built. On a few occasions in the album, he uses those fairly long phrases built from two or three wholly different ideas strung together as a single entity. Somehow, this artificial lengthening of the riffs manages to make this album stand out from the crowd of Burzum worshipper by giving his compositions a kind of tranquil, drawn out atmosphere.

October 25, 2008, 03:03:20 PM
Six posts, no one with the initiative to LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD.

Lugubrum

For fuck's sake, nillas.

October 30, 2008, 06:40:05 AM
Six posts, no one with the initiative to LINK TO THE DOWNLOAD.

Lugubrum

For fuck's sake, nillas.

thank you =D

ill be checking this out presently. how is their other material? i hear it is different from this album.

October 31, 2008, 04:51:30 AM
The DLA review is all that needs to be said about this band, really.

November 03, 2008, 02:37:18 PM
Compared to such lyrical genius as "holebeard blues", "udder of death" or "midgets of evil", I'd say that's rather mild.

November 05, 2008, 03:55:47 PM
allright, i listened to this album about 3 times, hoping that it would make an impression on me. it didnt. i found it to drag extremely, even mid way through the first song. a great album shouldnt make you wonder when each song is over. i didnt see any correlation to Burzum at all (except perhaps the guitar tone). all in all, quite dull and disappointing. i deleted it.

November 05, 2008, 05:46:53 PM
allright, i listened to this album about 3 times, hoping that it would make an impression on me. it didnt. i found it to drag extremely, even mid way through the first song. a great album shouldnt make you wonder when each song is over. i didnt see any correlation to Burzum at all (except perhaps the guitar tone). all in all, quite dull and disappointing. i deleted it.

That's probably a more effective statement than the DLA review.