Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

quick question about Chuck Schuldiner

quick question about Chuck Schuldiner
October 28, 2008, 12:04:32 AM
Most Death fans will say he died of cancer, why does the review of spiritual healing say he died of aids? was he gay in real life? am I missing something?

Re: quick questiong about Chuck Schuldiner
October 28, 2008, 12:16:04 AM
Chuck Schuldiner, Christianity, AIDS and Death Metal

Chuck Schuldiner Died of AIDS

Chuck Schuldiner: The Pity Party Never Ends

Death Did Not Come Before Possessed

Chuck Died of AIDS (why anus.com is filtered to ***.com on ultimatemetal.com)

Did Chuck Die of AIDS? (we are no longer banned on metal-archives.com, but have been multiple times in the past)

Chuck Schuldiner Died of AIDS (we are banned from this neo-Nazi site for saying that Russian average IQ is 96)

Chuck died of AIDS:

* Pneumonia is COD on his death certificate; is most common diagnosis of person with AIDS.
* Zero access to medical records.
* Known risky MSM (men sleeping with men) behavior including blowing young boys behind shows.
* His declining appearance was more consistent with AIDS than a cancer.

ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

Re: quick questiong about Chuck Schuldiner
October 29, 2008, 10:22:41 PM
"I cant talk about my dads death. I could say if he'd died of cancer, but I cant say my dad died of Aids."

Cancer is also the most common cover up for clandestine AIDS victims wishing to keep the truth from their family and friends

Re: quick question about Chuck Schuldiner
October 30, 2008, 12:23:58 AM
Why would he want to cover it up? You can get the HIV virus by a lot of ways, you know.

October 30, 2008, 02:47:59 AM
Like fucking a guy in the ass.
I am a Disciple of None.

October 30, 2008, 05:43:55 AM
Like fucking a guy in the ass.

And blood transfusions, needle sharing or any blood contact at all.

October 30, 2008, 06:31:25 AM
just because Chuck may or may not have had AIDS, doesnt mean he had to do a guy to get it.

and so what if he did die of AIDS? doesnt stop me from liking Death's first few albums. sexual orientation has nothing to do with quality of music.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

October 30, 2008, 12:19:41 PM
Why would he want to cover it up? You can get the HIV virus by a lot of ways, you know.

Why would he cover up the fact he had AIDS if he got it from a dirty needle or something similar?

October 30, 2008, 01:05:04 PM

Why would he cover up the fact he had AIDS if he got it from a dirty needle or something similar?
Gee, I fucking wonder.

October 30, 2008, 02:12:53 PM
I met him 20 years ago on the Leprosy tour. We were hanging around the stage exit talking to one of the band members when Chuck showed up. He looked to me, cast me an unsettling smile, then noticed my girlfriend beside me. He then frowned, looked down and stormed off without a word. It is memory of these details that has me convinced the new information is a sad, ugly truth after all.
”The Revolution ends by devouring its own children” – Jacques Mallet du Pan, 1793

October 30, 2008, 02:26:39 PM

The implication was that he didn't cover anything up. Maybe it's time to grow up?

October 30, 2008, 02:43:07 PM

Gee, I fucking wonder.

circular reasoning isn't very convincing
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2

October 30, 2008, 03:33:04 PM
Most people have trouble admitting any illness. It's awkward and makes people nervous.

Do you want to be tell your neighbors:

* I have cancer.
* I've got Ebola.
* I have AIDS!
* My colon wound is draining.

No, you'd rather keep it lite 'n' friendly. Note for antisocial metalheads: it's considered bad form to mention things that connect us to death (pooping, dying, disease, fornication and misery) in polite company, because it makes everyone uneasy as they assess their own status regarding The Grim Reaper Sans Lube.

But if you had to tell them the above... you might prefer they think you lost the cancer lottery, instead of having them wonder if you're an IV drug user or anal banditry expert.
ASBO

“Kurt Cobain was, ladies and gentlemen, a worthless shred of human debris.” - Rush Limbaugh

October 30, 2008, 04:19:29 PM
that's understood. but the following is a logical fallacy:

"if he really had AIDS, why would he have hidden it?"
"because he was a spunk chugger and didn't want people to find out."
"and how do you know he was a spunk chugger?"
"because he hid the fact he had aids."

and it's one of the most common arguments i see here. it's not any different from someone claiming the Bible is the word of god because it says so, and that its so is believable since it's the word of god. the two claims are supported by nothing other than each other, in that kind of argument - it's a bit like trying to build a suspension bridge without any earth under the supports

to note, i don't care if he died of AIDS or not. all the evidence that i've come across through here is pretty inconclusive, but not so much so that it's dismissible outright. truth is, i'll probably never know for certain if he did contract AIDS, nor do i care if i ever do. it would change absolutely nothing in my existence, objective or subjective, to find out he did or didn't. it is fun to rile the fanboys, however
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2

October 30, 2008, 04:44:13 PM
"if he really had AIDS, why would he have hidden it?"
"because he was a spunk chugger and didn't want people to find out."
"and how do you know he was a spunk chugger?"
"because he hid the fact he had aids."

Your summary of it is a logical fallacy. The argument here suggests he had AIDS based on his known high-risk lifestyle, the way his death was covered up, and medical evidence like the cause of death. That his death was covered up IS acceptable evidence for AIDS being the cause, because people frequently hide that cause of death. It is not the sole support of the argument, nor is it used in the way you describe; we know he had a high-risk lifestyle, and the coverup of his death is good proof for types of death THAT ARE COMMONLY COVERED UP.
ASBO