Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Whether to purchase classics, or new releases, first -- with limited cash

And if you ever have a difficult time finding a particular album that isn't in the Audiophile or the aforementioned links, a good ol' Google search will do the trick. Just add "megaupload" or "rapidshare" to the search and you'll get results.

Though I do have a question for the original poster that I always was curious about. What is higher priority for purchase: quality bands that have don't have massive exposure, or the classics? Would my money be better off going towards Averse Sefira's "Advent Parallax", or Burzum's "Hvis Lyset Tar Oss" ? I'm currently a student about to attend college and I don't have the money to support all of the greats. So I'd like to put the money I can spend to where it will count the most.

There's always the option of buying some now, and buying some later.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

yes, but he asked which one should take priority over the other.

if something's considered a classic, it's more than likely that it's already had its fair share of sales. a more underrecognized band could derive more use from both the exposure and the money. at least, that's the only way i'm able to see it right now. although i've not heard any arguments to the contrary yet
HE WHO REAPS STORMS, SOWS WINDS. HE WHO SOWS WINDS, REAPS STORMS.

"It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting, for death is the destiny of every man; the living should take this to heart."
-Ecclesiastes 7:2