Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Beherit

Re: Beherit
February 25, 2009, 12:17:11 AM
it's the most important non-Norwegian black metal outside of Bathory by a long shot.

Let's not foget about Hellhammer & Tormentor(Hun).

February 25, 2009, 12:27:18 AM
er... Blasphemy. all the more so since Beherit was influenced by them

April 11, 2009, 11:00:39 PM
I wonder if anyone else feels that DDtM excelled in technique and content (and the integration of both), but suffered from a badly composed general flow. As in: too many tracks, too little progression. Not that there was no progression of ideas - quite the contrary, though it wasn't the perfect minimalism of HLTO, which condensed the important stuff into four songs. On Engram, Laiho seems to have tidied it up and juxtaposed Burzumic/synth pieces with some good old Beherit hyperblast onslaught.
Concerning the previous two full-lengths, ASBO made a good point by noticing that those albums represent two disparate moods. Two different languages, I'd say, given that EDS sounds like a more concise version of the Future Sound of London's "Dead Cities" (which admittedly came out a year later, so I'm just comparing atmospheres here), while H418ov21.C lingers on subtle aural progressions which sound like a soundtrack to an abstract movie about transmutation and astral journeys.
Where does Nuclear Holocausto's career as DJ Gamma-G fit in? :)

SSS

November 02, 2011, 05:48:19 PM
I wonder if anyone else feels that DDtM excelled in technique and content (and the integration of both), but suffered from a badly composed general flow.
Me. Composition is the most important part of the music and if you don't excel at it you lose. For example - Mayhem - DMDS. It is a great album, has great riffs but it lacks composition and that is the main reason why I don't listen often to it(once in 4-5 months). The same goes for DDTM.

Engram(and Electric Doom Synthesis ofc) is much simpler but kicks ass just because of the composition.

Strange indeed. De Mysteriis Dom. Sathanas everytime delivers pleasure by its tight composition, by inherent logic in it.
Regarding Drawing Down The Moon agreed. But perhaps, what disturbs you in it is its inconclusion of feeling within songs.

November 04, 2011, 02:20:28 AM
I wonder if anyone else feels that DDtM excelled in technique and content (and the integration of both), but suffered from a badly composed general flow.
Me. Composition is the most important part of the music and if you don't excel at it you lose. For example - Mayhem - DMDS. It is a great album, has great riffs but it lacks composition and that is the main reason why I don't listen often to it(once in 4-5 months). The same goes for DDTM.

Engram(and Electric Doom Synthesis ofc) is much simpler but kicks ass just because of the composition.

Engram has an advanced sense of album rather than song composition (which is a step in the right direction for BM), but is arguably lacking in thunder compared to DDtM.

November 19, 2011, 01:12:42 PM
Most artists don't want to make the same album twice. It's hard to maintain inspiration toward energy that way, even if it's tactically a good idea.

For example, if Metallica had made "Ride the Lightning" three times in a row, they would have been reaping quite a whirlwind.