Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Transcendental Christianity texts

Re: Transcendental Christianity texts
November 06, 2008, 05:24:37 PM

Yes, that much is clear to me. Beyond that though, what is the essence of this "core," this kernel, that it is worth considering in the first place? 

This "core" concerns itself primarily with the possibility of absolute divinity that transcends all dualism and all relativity (God). More specifically, it concerns itself with the pursuit of becoming aware of, understanding, and becoming an embodiment of this force (and in that order). Doing so gives one possession of absolute truth, and freedom from delusion,  the value of which is self-evident.

One can see an example of how the outward form of this goal was retained, but without the spirit, in the modern Christian vernacular of our time. "I want to be a servant of the Lord" is not the same as "I want to become an embodiment of Divinity".

Method:
"If those who lead you say to you 'See, the kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds will precede you. If they say to you "It is in the sea," then the fish will precede you. Rather, the kingdom inside of you, and it is outside of you. When you come to know yourselves, then you will become known, and you will realize that it is you who are the sons of the living father. But if you will not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty, and it is you who are that poverty."

-Yeshua

Re: Transcendental Christianity texts
November 07, 2008, 04:22:39 AM
^^  Interesting. I will have to digest that awhile...