Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Is anus.com a viable metal site?

Cigno

Re: Is anus.com a viable metal site?
November 26, 2008, 07:29:24 PM
One may believe that ANUS is closed to new expectatives... but I, as well as others, have seen it not only to grow, but to mature logically. Of course I don't agree in everything with ANUS... and I expect exactly the same from everyone in this group. We may disagree in some means, but then we are obliged to propose better ones.

In the end, I care about the END.

Even though I don't always agree with the politics/philosophies (like that asshole Pentti Linkola)

Would you like to explain?

November 26, 2008, 10:36:14 PM
One may believe that ANUS is closed to new expectatives... but I, as well as others, have seen it not only to grow, but to mature logically. Of course I don't agree in everything with ANUS... and I expect exactly the same from everyone in this group. We may disagree in some means, but then we are obliged to propose better ones.

In the end, I care about the END.

Even though I don't always agree with the politics/philosophies (like that asshole Pentti Linkola)

Would you like to explain?
In this particular case I would consider genocide a last resort at best, and more likely to undermine the ends we are trying to achieve in the first place.  This site in particular thinks that people who are 'morons' should be killed some way or another.  Besides any practical problems about getting someone to run a winning election on the genocide platform, there is the practical problem about how to distinguish morons from the 'worthy' minority.  First of all there are other virtues besides intelligence.  Second, most people referred to as morons simply have different values, instead of lacking in intelligence.  No man is an island and I would seriously doubt anyone could support negative eugenics to the degree of actually killing people, considering they have friends and family members who might be included in the genocide, if not to the first degree of relation, at least to the second and third.  Most people would be outraged at this even if they didn't know a single person at any degree of relation.

As far as technology goes, it comes with it's draw backs, but it's hard for me at least to imagine living without it.  I would imagine the same would be true for all of us considering we are talking on an internet message board and trade mp3s etc.. You can't even play an electric guitar without mere electricity.  Finally, I am going to have to side with the new Christian environmentalism movement.  (As an aside this is hilarious because environmentalism wasn't an issue in biblical times so the argument that there are the same, timeless moral issues is bunk.  Watching Christians fabricate biblical evidence for environmentalism is hilarious.)  Anyway, according to them the purpose of saving the environment is primarily to serve man.  I'm not sure what the purpose of saving the environment as an end in itself accomplishes if we won't be around to utilize or at least enjoy it.  Sure as Nietzsche says "We enjoy being out in nature because it has no opinion of us." but people are more important than trees.
Formerly known as "Metalist"

November 26, 2008, 11:17:23 PM
people are more important than trees.

Trees allow complex ecosystems to exist, and yes, humans to thrive.  I'd much rather have all humans gone tomorrow than all trees, because with all humans gone, perhaps some new species will replace us.  With all trees gone, no human survives.  What's more important is Life as a whole, which individual lives survive is a different matter.  It very well may be that we'll fail as a species and some other species will replace us, and if they are of higher quality, I say rightfully so.  The earth does not exist merely for our exploitation, though one argument for it's protection is that which it gives to us, life itself.  However, do we not have higher values than mere survival?  Is not the beauty of the planet more important, existing regardless of whether we are alive to experience it or not?  Can we lay claim to being able to create a working ecosystem?  We are but one piece currently in the planet, however elevated or fallen we may be.

April 03, 2009, 08:11:41 PM
As far as I'm concerned, the "politics" and ideological considerations are the essence of what makes ANUS unique, worthwhile and indeed, viable.

I think what makes the Dark Legions Archive unique is that we're willing to admit the possibility that metal artists intend their work to have meaning, e.g. to communicate something immutable and yet specific about life, using an inverted metaphor where the acts of our time become metaphorical to the struggle for adaptation (and in humans, moral clarity) common to all times.

April 04, 2009, 03:37:39 AM
Maybe this site covers these genres because they are the only ones that stand for a higher standard, rather than these pop "metal" bands singing about getting drunk and railing some girl.

The ideology is consistent with the values of this music. Not only this, but for the most part it seems to be simply logical reasoning.