Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Wikipedia deletes ANUS, again

Re: Wikipedia deletes ANUS, again
December 02, 2008, 01:56:45 AM
Also, not to go off on too much of a tangent here, but what's officially the deal with the Hessian Wiki.  Is it still a work in progress or is it dead?  Should we post links to it on Wikipedia as well?

Hessian Wiki's idea is also to promote the main site...posting external links in a wiki to another wiki is circular and pointless, so I wouldn't bother.

December 02, 2008, 03:11:28 AM
I tried adding links to the DLA on about 50 band pages but the links on the more major bands just get deleted. The link on the Slayer page got deleted after two minutes. I put it back and someone else deleted it.

December 02, 2008, 03:43:03 AM
I tried adding links to the DLA on about 50 band pages but the links on the more major bands just get deleted. The link on the Slayer page got deleted after two minutes. I put it back and someone else deleted it.

Wow.  Wikipedia is even gayer than I could have ever imagined.

Well, as the saying goes: "If you can't beat 'em, male social primates tend to resort to suicidally aggressive acts of violence."

edit:
Quote from: Ymir
Blatant talk of hacking and trolling on a public forum will just reinforce their stance against ANUS. It is also stupid. Especially if you want to be successful in it.
Ymir is right.  My previous post was rather childish and not conducive to any real solution.  So, I've deleted it.  But I will reiterate the point I made about attempting to keep any activities on wikipedia as low key as possible.

December 02, 2008, 08:30:11 AM
Blatant talk of hacking and trolling on a public forum will just reinforce their stance against ANUS. It is also stupid. Especially if you want to be successful in it.

December 02, 2008, 02:56:53 PM
Just tried my hand at putting up some external links to the DLA for Gorguts,Immolation and Monstrosity..we'll see if there still around when I return from grocery shopping...

December 02, 2008, 04:46:05 PM
I think referring to "DARK LEGIONS ARCHIVE" rather than "ANUS," in external links might help us stay under the radar a little bit, too.  Anus seems to be too notorious.  "Dark Legions Archive" sound more like a nondescript metal site.
I live in my own place
Have never copied nobody even half
And at any Master who lacks the grace
To laugh at himself, I laugh!

December 02, 2008, 04:46:27 PM
Don't make a quick blaze of edits by just spamming ANUS links everywhere, or they will wise up and probably delete all of your contributions even if they would otherwise keep them.

EDIT: Miscreant has a good point which I meant to mention as well ;-)

December 02, 2008, 09:49:23 PM
Points taken in regard to editing the links all at once. I just checked on three DLA the links I added. Deleted of course. Yet this pointless MuiscBrainz link remains http://musicbrainz.org/artist/a95ef44c-aeda-4222-9d57-10b28240e634.html

December 03, 2008, 02:32:09 AM
Points taken in regard to editing the links all at once. I just checked on three DLA the links I added. Deleted of course. Yet this pointless MuiscBrainz link remains http://musicbrainz.org/artist/a95ef44c-aeda-4222-9d57-10b28240e634.html

I was very skeptical at first, but over the past couple of days it's become exceedingly obvious that this is, in fact, a case of ideological aversion on the side of wikipedia.  I was willing to give them the benefit of the doubt, but this just goes to show that they really are just a bunch of politically driven child rapists.

It seems that if we wish to overcome this obstacle we must think very much outside of the box.  Perhaps a less direct tactic is in order.  What exactly I can't quite say at this point, but I'll mull it over.

December 03, 2008, 03:07:50 AM
We should create pages for the bands that aren't on wikipedia yet. Also, we should actually add to the already written articles rather than just add a link. We can also delete other irrelevant links.

December 03, 2008, 03:26:02 AM
I have personally advertised to trolling groups about the oppression of our people. Sure, it is a misrepresentation by calling ourselves trolls with musical taste, but we must be appealing for other groups to support us. I'm working on rallying people to support GNAA too. It's not working as well as I had hoped for though. Once we set precedence with representation of trolling groups on Wikipedia, I think it will open up a lot more possibilities/leniency. Perhaps having a specific way to promote ourselves on Wikipedia / having well defined goal for promotion will make the more apathetic people come around (i.e. pressing a button, downloading a script, macro, etc.)

December 03, 2008, 03:28:45 AM
I have personally advertised to trolling groups about the oppression of our people. Sure, it is a misrepresentation by calling ourselves trolls with musical taste, but we must be appealing for other groups to support us. I'm working on rallying people to support GNAA too. It's not working as well as I had hoped for though. Once we set precedence with representation of trolling groups on Wikipedia, I think it will open up a lot more possibilities/leniency. Perhaps having a specific way to promote ourselves on Wikipedia / having well defined goal for promotion will make the more apathetic people come around (i.e. pressing a button, downloading a script, macro, etc.)

GNAA is no longer active.

December 03, 2008, 04:36:08 AM
someone smarter and more internet savvy than me, please let me know what I can do.  my "tricks" on wikipedia have been deleted.  I will be a footsoldier.  pm me and I can give you my email address if we want to work it out that way.  we definitely need to think outside the box.
I live in my own place
Have never copied nobody even half
And at any Master who lacks the grace
To laugh at himself, I laugh!