Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Thrash

Thrash
November 26, 2005, 10:27:26 PM
What's some good Thrash? I've probably heard it, but hey, it's worth a try to find something new.

Re: Thrash
November 27, 2005, 04:01:56 AM
Honestly, I adore much that was considered 'thrash' (speed metal/hardcore hybrid) however I am sssuming you're referring to the DRI definition, in which case I would basically reccomend everything posted on the Dark Legions already.

November 27, 2005, 10:17:58 PM
Oh no, I wasn't refering to the "D.R.I. definition of Thrash at all. More along the lines of Tankard, Toxic Holocaust, Guillotine, Razor, Aftermath, etc.

chthonian

November 27, 2005, 10:59:22 PM
Holocausto and Exterminator from Brazil are worth looking into, 80's Nazi BlackDeath Thrash.

Wolfbane

November 27, 2005, 11:31:58 PM
And you know its good since it has nazi in front of it. ;) Odd that the first metal band to have nazi lyrics were hispanic and had it in portuguese?
Highly recommend Holocausto for both their great music and image. Remember to share Campo De Extermino with your jewish neighbors when they come bitching about the Holocaust.

chthonian

November 27, 2005, 11:33:37 PM
And you know its good since it has nazi in front of it. ;) Odd that the first metal band to have nazi lyrics were hispanic and had it in portuguese?
Highly recommend Holocausto for both their great music and image. Remember to share Campo De Extermino with your jewish neighbors when they come bitching about the Holocaust.

LOL, I want to get that album on vinyl.

November 27, 2005, 11:40:47 PM
What's some good Thrash? I've probably heard it, but hey, it's worth a try to find something new.

DRI
COC
MDC
Cryptic Slaughter
Fearless Iranians From Hell
Suicidal Tendencies

November 28, 2005, 04:34:12 PM
Ah, just the name 'Holocausto' sounds badass enough for me. Oh and MDC are wonderful, I've been a fan for quite some time now.

November 28, 2005, 04:37:36 PM
Does anyone like Guillotine? Just curious.

November 28, 2005, 09:25:34 PM
Does anyone like Guillotine? Just curious.

I thought everyone abandoned the retro-thrash trend (especially the purely plagiaristic variety, as in this case) years ago.

November 28, 2005, 09:53:01 PM
I don't see how my liking of Guillotine is considered a 'retro-thrash trend.' Explain this a bit further, please.

November 28, 2005, 10:05:45 PM
GUILLOTINE were conceived and recorded their album during the "retro-thrash" trend.  They are a shameless KREATOR ripoff and I'm sure will admit as such; my comment pertained to the fact that I assumed that nobody still listened to anything that came out at the height of that trend.

November 28, 2005, 11:03:34 PM
Ah, I see. Well, Guillotine aren't the best, by far, I was just curious to see if anyone liked them, let alone knew of them.

chthonian

November 28, 2005, 11:06:27 PM
What about Exterminator from Brazil?

December 02, 2005, 06:24:37 PM

I thought everyone abandoned the retro-thrash trend (especially the purely plagiaristic variety, as in this case) years ago.

He he! You should hear Aura Noir's 'Merciless' for proof contradictory to that statement!  :)

A ridiculously over the top homage to the greats, even lifting the riff straight out of Possessed's 'March to Die'!!! A great pop album I've blasted out many a time in the car.