Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Megadeth Thinks "Dinosaur Bands" Who Don't Do Games Are Stupid

Megadeth's hip to the current age. The metal band seems to know what's going on and has embraced things like the internet, YouTube and (getting on topic) video games — namely, Rock Band. Megadeth has put its breakthrough album Peace Sells...But Who’s Buying? as Rock Band DLC.

Megadeth frontman Dave Mustaine says the band currently does not have any intention of putting its seminal Rust In Peace out for Rock Band. However, Mustaine would "love" to talk to Harmonix (developer of Guitar AIDS) about just that. Continuing, he adds:"

In fact, I think the advent of these new games and YouTube and MySpace and being able to upload your music — it's the way of the future. These old fucking dinosaur bands that don't want to put their music up on iTunes or have anything to do with you guys doing games with Rock Band and stuff like that. It's just stupid. You know, just have mercy on them [the old dinosaur bands] and feel sorry for them and buy our stuff instead.

So which "old dinosaur bands" do you think Mustaine was referring to?

Some facts:

*Dave Mustaine is a worthless ex-junkie who found Christ at the end of a needle.
*Megadeth was one of the first thrash bands to embrace MTV.
*I liked some of their mid-90s output.

Maybe when Mustaine takes a break from bragging about that time he fucked Kirk Hammett's "girlfriend", somebody can remind him that the only thing good about Megadeth was Marty Friedman.

Megadeth and Mustaine havent done anything noteworthy since "Rust In Peace". best avoid anything he says these days like the ebola virus. similar to the music. from what ive heard, one of the songs ganked a riff directly out of "Holy Wars". pretty sad that hes just trying to please everyone now.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.

There is of course, the tale of Bill Schmidt in1983 (from Deathstrike at the time), asking Mustaine what his motivation was for Megadeth, with the reply from Mustaine being "You know - the chicks".  Mustaine really never has been the greatest fellow in the world.

Megadeth and Mustaine havent done anything noteworthy since "Rust In Peace". best avoid anything he says these days like the ebola virus. similar to the music. from what ive heard, one of the songs ganked a riff directly out of "Holy Wars". pretty sad that hes just trying to please everyone now.

Do you know what song it was?

You know, just have mercy on them [the old dinosaur bands] and feel sorry for them and buy our stuff instead.
SEND US YOUR MONEY!

NOW!

I love guitar AIDS and they need to make an extreme metal version.
Formerly known as "Metalist"

Do you know what song it was?

i think it was "Sleepwalker". the self-plagiarism is blatant.
No.

Having reviewed the thread, baby Jesus is most definitely weeping at this point.