Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

What is "Black" to you?

LEGION

Re: What is "Black" to you?
November 30, 2005, 02:13:35 AM

+

+

Death

November 30, 2005, 06:08:35 AM

+

+

=

chthonian

November 30, 2005, 07:11:32 AM
I don't think this works simply because the distinction for black metal is in the fact that it was an artistic movement, that it was defined by those who were a part of it, and we can label it like a historical period. This leaves out the possibility of new black metal, and I personally think that this is fine.

Art needs more labels/terms. Please refer to my other thread on "The contradictions of black metal and terms" for a better understanding of what I mean by "terms". Black metal was an artistic movement, indeed. But, the problem is that everything is art (as proved in the "Dadaist" movement in the early 1900's). Everything is art, it's only a matter of whether you agree with it or not, and having more "terms" will helps us (the groups) know better what we agree with.

Once we can agree on terms, we can begin to agree and disagree on who is/was really a part of "black Metal".

Iconoclast

November 30, 2005, 04:18:17 PM
bein black is keepin it real and bein loyal to yo homies

November 30, 2005, 07:35:59 PM
^ best post I've seen in this thread

Annihilaytorr

December 02, 2005, 03:26:31 AM

"Dark Throne Jacket

This black jacket features four front pockets and a concealed hood that zips in and out. Zipper and button closure with a detachable liner! "Dark Throne" on front and "True Norwegian Black Metal" on back. 100% cotton. Wash cold. Dry flat. Imported.

$90.00"

http://www.hottopic.com/store/product.asp?LS=0&ITEM=304581&RN=100

December 02, 2005, 11:07:45 AM
Damnit thats so ghetto!

December 03, 2005, 07:00:34 PM
Black = without moral judgment. That is the essence of the black arts as opposed to the white arts; black arts are compatible with both civilization and nature, while white arts are limited to civilization only.